Home

Congrats Cubs!! My thoughts for MLB 17...

This is a discussion on Congrats Cubs!! My thoughts for MLB 17... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Congrats Cubs!! My thoughts for MLB 17...

Different overlays would be nice to start with revamping the presentation. One that is in the lower corner like FOX, a bar at the top for TBS, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I dislike Buck so much. He is one of the worst announcers ever. I would honestly have a hard time buying any game he was in. You think the announcers in The Show are repetitive? He told the same story, made the same comments every two innings. I finally muted the TV and listened to the Cleveland radio feed. He is horrible.
I'm starting to agree, sad because his dad was so great and legendary. Broadcasters have either stopped telling stories or can't. Vin Scully was the last of the greats. Wish somehow Harry Caray could have seen and announced what has happened.

Last edited by baconbits11; 11-03-2016 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:14 PM   #10
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Joe Buck called a heck of a playoffs

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2016, 03:52 PM   #11
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

I believe they can improve the crowd sound presentation if they put some focus on that. The current commentary approach just does not work. The way the lines are read and the style of voice recording used is not effective. Its a redundant issue that has been brought up for the past 8 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #12
MVP

forme95's Arena

After that world series, I know more about Shwarber then I care to. Buck is an idiot. I hope he is NEVER in The Show

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 11-03-2016, 06:47 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Joe Buck called a heck of a playoffs

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
But look at the classic that he had to work with . If this series had been a sweep with every game a blowout snoozefest , could he have done the same ? My gut tells me no . On another note , its gonna be a looong 4 months until pitchers and catchers report . And a long 5 month wait until 17 drops .
Old 11-03-2016, 07:09 PM   #14
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
But look at the classic that he had to work with . If this series had been a sweep with every game a blowout snoozefest , could he have done the same ? My gut tells me no . On another note , its gonna be a looong 4 months until pitchers and catchers report . And a long 5 month wait until 17 drops .
Look it's popular to hate on Buck. His biggest weakness was lack of excitement, which led to the really bad helmet catch. He has worked on that, listening to him for the nlcs and ws has really changed my opinion on him.

Yeah he praises guys and talks them up. That's what national broadcasters do. They will criticize your team, which the your home broadcasters wont.

It's always going to be the team that is losing that complains about the broadcasters more.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:24 PM   #15
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Joe Buck...ugh! The best thing that happened in 2015 WS was when the audio cut out and didn't have to listen to him.

I Love Matty V!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2016, 03:25 AM   #16
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Fun fact for you all, Joe Buck almost lost his job and ruined his career due to an addiction to hair plugs....

ANYWAY game 7 was not only probably one of the best games ive ever watched especially with all of the storylines, but the way the crowd was living and dying with every single pitch of the game especially in the late innings, the commentary, etc. THAT is the fall classic we have come to love. Can't wait to see how they implement this in 17.. i already think they have taken big steps forward, its only up from here!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »