Home

PS4 Pro System Locking up

This is a discussion on PS4 Pro System Locking up within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-27-2016, 05:41 AM   #9
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 Pro System Locking up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
That did not help, but thanks for the input

Maybe one other thing to try is completely installing the game onto the pro system instead of the ps4 transfer you probably did when you got the pro system from your regular PS4. I would try a fresh install and reinstall everything manually settings etc and maybe try a saved RTTS first then try a bran new one and see if it still locks up.

I know on Madden devs had told people to uninstall the game and reinstall to fix certain things not sure if this will work for this situation and MLBTS.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:37 AM   #10
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
Maybe one other thing to try is completely installing the game onto the pro system instead of the ps4 transfer you probably did when you got the pro system from your regular PS4. I would try a fresh install and reinstall everything manually settings etc and maybe try a saved RTTS first then try a bran new one and see if it still locks up.

I know on Madden devs had told people to uninstall the game and reinstall to fix certain things not sure if this will work for this situation and MLBTS.
Actually I did a fresh, full install of everything on the Pro for just such a reason. I am also hesitant to delete or re install the game again as I like using dynamic difficulty and for some reason The Show does not save your profile so if you delete your game, have to start over at Rookie+ all over again. I have already had to do this 3 times this season and it is really annoying.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:32 PM   #11
Rookie

kamagate's Arena

OVR: 1

I downloaded and installed the game again. It seemed to work at first and I was able to play through about a quarter of the season, but now it has started happening again after almost every series.

Has anyone had this problem on a regular PS4 or is it only a PS4 PRO issue? That would explain why it hasn't gotten more attention.

By the way, I got the game for my PRO so I haven't transferred any files from another system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 06:43 AM   #12
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamagate
I downloaded and installed the game again. It seemed to work at first and I was able to play through about a quarter of the season, but now it has started happening again after almost every series.

Has anyone had this problem on a regular PS4 or is it only a PS4 PRO issue? That would explain why it hasn't gotten more attention.

By the way, I got the game for my PRO so I haven't transferred any files from another system.
For me it has only been a PS4 Pro issue, never happened with my release PS4.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:08 AM   #13
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

I have a Pro and I haven't had this issue as of yet. I've played something in the neighborhood of 6 complete series and did not have a crash or anything in RttS. I'll keep an eye out for this.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:20 AM   #14
Rookie

kamagate's Arena

OVR: 1

Judging from the lack of responses in this thread I guess this is not a issue for a lot of people. I just can't figure out what could be causing it for me?

Since I'm using a digital version of the game, which I have re-downloaded, I don't see how it can be an issue with my copy of the game and I haven't messed around with any of the files. I haven't experienced any other problems with my system and I have been playing Madden 17 without issues. Very frustrating.

On the bright side I got Fallout 4 really cheap during black Friday so I guess I'll be switching from trying to hit HRs to shooting mutants.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:41 AM   #15
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

Just for the record. New PS4 update and now it happens every single game of RTTS.

Thanks for that Sony.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 05:57 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bullit...sorry you're having these lockups. Is your game downloaded...or do you have the disc? I have the disc, and play RTTS all the time on my Pro in 1080p without any lockups. I hope you are able to find a solution.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »