Home

MLB The Show 17 Screenshots - Captured From the Trailer

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Screenshots - Captured From the Trailer within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Screenshots - Captured From the Trailer

My last post got buried, I'll just bring this up once more.

Will the color blue on the Blue Jays be corrected as well as the whites on the jerseys as they look off white or almost beige looking.

I'm also hoping that body proportions will finally be corrected as players don't seem to have the correct body type. Something just seems off when you have an in-game player and a real person side by side, it's as if the in-game model has the body of a child not an adult.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:08 PM   #74
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Created players without headscans look like badly made plastic dolls, haven't improved a bit since ps3 days and already theb they weren't pretty.

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 12-10-2016, 04:49 PM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
In the world of corporate law and contracts there aren't any easy fixes, except to abide by the boundaries of the contract.
Unpair socks, undershirts and helmets from uniform sets on uniform select screen. Problem solved. No lawsuit, no contract violation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2016, 05:23 PM   #76
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
The MLB could/would make them change it. They could face fines and loss of the MLB license for violating the contractual agreement to abide by MLB rules and regulations.
But doesn't that sound ridiculous?

The MLB would make them change the uniforms to the wrong colour and fine them for putting the Indians actual correct uniforms in the game. Why would they want the uniform to be wrong in the game?

Maybe I just don't understand but that sounds extremely ridiculous.

Old 12-10-2016, 08:15 PM   #77
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
But doesn't that sound ridiculous?

The MLB would make them change the uniforms to the wrong colour and fine them for putting the Indians actual correct uniforms in the game. Why would they want the uniform to be wrong in the game?

Maybe I just don't understand but that sounds extremely ridiculous.
Not as ridiculous as having this same "conversation" every year. I am not trying to give you a hard time. But all of this " I don't understand why the guys in San Diego can't fix this it seems to be an easy fix, why wont they do what I want" just gets old.

Do people really think that the guys out there are just sitting around "Hey I know lets change the color on all of the socks just so we can mess with our fans, then never fix it." If any of this was an easy fix I am almost certain in would have been fixed. Sure it may be ridiculous, but thats the way it is. Why cant we argue with Umps any more, Why cant we charge the mound, why are the uniforms wrong? Well thats the way MLB says it is, so there.

We have our own choices at this point.

1. Buy the game, with all of its "short comings" and deal with it.

2. Dont buy the game and vote with your wallet that these things need to change and you wont buy again until they are.

3. Do either of the above, but continuously post that this is all ridiculous and that you aren't happy, don't understand why these easy things can't be fixed etc.

This is not an attack on you personally, really its not. But almost every thread over the past 3 months has degenerated into a "whats wrong with The Show and why wont they fix it?" thread.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:16 PM   #78
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

PS:
None of this has anything to do with screen shots captured fro the trailer, so can we get back on track please?

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:01 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I'm really hoping the reason why the Indians don't have their red undershirts is because it's an early build. I know for most people it's not a big deal, but I play as the Indians 95% of the time and it's a huge deal for me. Possibly a game breaker.

And please don't come at with the whole how can that possibly be a game breaker. I wan't the true authenticity of the team I'm gonna be using 95% of the time. It really takes away from my experience.
I'd like to see Sony get their contract changed from the ability to only use the style guide to use the style guide AND what the the teams use IRL. MLB forces Sony to use the Guide when its nothing more than a "guide" and not a be-all end-all that even the teams themselves dont have to adhere to. I'm not saying its so easy to change the contract but if we can put men in space then surely a few brainy lawyers for each side can get together for a few hours and hammer out a deal that in the end would satisfy MLB consumers. Probably the real hold up is that the majority of Show casual gamers dont sweat the small stuff, so in the end theres no real reason to change anything. In Sony and MLB eyes.

EDIT: Back On Track-
I like what I'm seeing so far from screenshots and theres nothing so far that will keepme from purchasing 17 Day One.

A Work in Progress
Old 12-11-2016, 06:31 PM   #80
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend

My crazy trailer-related theory of the day: The custom unis shown above are not DD related, but are actually confirmation of a full-fledged team creation mode.

Look at this way: In previous Show teaser trailers, nearly every shot was a reveal of some sort. Now, they could just be showing off Griffey Jr. and a few other dudes in a flashy DD uniform, but who wouldn't already expect Griffey to be available in DD? That will be the first place people will expect him to appear. Griffey is not the announcement is those shots... the uniform is.

Another thing: Unless you're a digital Michelangelo, that cobra logo is far more detailed than anything that is possible with their current paint system. That means that either there are now preset logos to choose from, or we can finally upload our own image files.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Those unis are 100% from DD and that logo was created in the editor.
So, does that also mean that their is no Create options outside of DD?

Last edited by mrCPUgeek; 12-19-2016 at 01:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »