Home

Uniforms with incorrect sock colors

This is a discussion on Uniforms with incorrect sock colors within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2016, 05:36 PM   #17
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Uniforms Home and Away with incorrect sock colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Hopefully Russell can update us on this now... Really hoping they're able to give Cleveland red home undershirts and socks.
There are undershirt colors in the style guide we will use the colors used in the style guide.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:01 PM   #18

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Uniforms with incorrect sock colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
Team: Oakland Athletics
Uniform: Home and Road
Photo:

Very important to note though that the socks are not static but player preference:

Old 12-14-2016, 10:36 AM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

TEAM: Cardinals
UNIFORM: Home

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-14-2016, 09:39 PM   #20

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Guys, a couple things.

First, I understand this discussion is inevitable and comes up every year but this is absolutely not the thread for it. The color of the undershirt should never have been brought up in this thread in the first place.

Ramone is looking for help on what socks they could get into the game which they may not already have. He is reaching out to us for help which is what this community has always been here for.

For a thread asking about sock colors to have turned into another style guide discussion is irresponsible from us.

There is a lot of speculation from both sides. Ramone has always said they will follow the style guide. Some speculate that that statements means they can't deviate from it for things that are suggested (like undershirts) while some speculate that the MLB wouldn't care as long as they got the uniforms right.

It's quite possible that SCEA is being overly cautious as to not lose their access to the style guide so their decision might be just to follow what they see in the style guide as suggestions to err on the side of caution. Remember, loss of the access to the style guide would mean they would be unlikely to be able to fully update the uniforms until the following year unless changes are publicly announced early enough (and even then it would be a scramble).

Admittedly, that too is speculation on my part.

I really just wanted to throw that out as food for thought for the next time this discussion comes up (not in this thread). It would be irresponsible of me to make this post and treat the previous posts differently so I will be deleting all the previous posts regarding this subject, including my own tomorrow but I do want to give everyone a chance to see this message before doing so.

If anyone is inclined to reply to me, feel free to reach out to me via PM as any subsequent response made in this thread about the style guide will be deleted. I want this thread to be clean for the SCEA team to get the info they want.

I appreciate your understanding and more than anything I want to make sure it's clear I'm not trying to suppress the discussion, but it just can't happen in this thread.

Again though, feel free to reach out to me via PM but this thread is going to be cleaned out tomorrow of any discussion not involving socks.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:22 PM   #21
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

UNIFORM: Road

For what its worth, the Cardinals wear the same socks for all 3 of their uniforms, Home, Road, and ALT (St.Louis uni's)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cardinals road uni.jpg (49.9 KB, 700 views)

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 11:19 AM   #22
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
UNIFORM: Road

For what its worth, the Cardinals wear the same socks for all 3 of their uniforms, Home, Road, and ALT (St.Louis uni's)

Here's a closer up view of the Cardinals socks. Note the thicker stripes and how they are spaced out more on the sock compared to what is in The Show.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:10 PM   #23
Pro

adh5199's Arena

OVR: 3
Uniforms with incorrect sock colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Team: Texas Rangers
Uniform: Home & Away
Photos:

When wearing Red, they always wear red socks.

Bless you!

Don't forget that they have worn red socks, hat, and undershirts with their all whites home jerseys as well.

Edit: just read where this is only for home or away. Sorry. Hope the alt 1 in my picture will be addressed too though.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_3535.JPG

Last edited by adh5199; 01-11-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:06 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 0

I'm curious to how many times the Rangers wore their primary home set of the white jersey with the blue caps undershirts and socks. Seems like the blue is almost becoming the road color and the red the home color.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »