Home

Uniforms with incorrect sock colors

This is a discussion on Uniforms with incorrect sock colors within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2017, 07:00 AM   #25
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Uniforms Home and Away with incorrect sock colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
I'm curious to how many times the Rangers wore their primary home set of the white jersey with the blue caps undershirts and socks. Seems like the blue is almost becoming the road color and the red the home color.
The Rangers wore White jerseys with blue undershirts and stocking 26 times this year. They wore white with red accessories 19 times. For future reference, they wore the red alts 27 times, all at home, and the blue alts 43 times, 8 times at home. They wore their grey uniforms 39 times, all on the road.

Source: Texas Rangers Game Notes

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2017, 07:04 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
The Rangers wore White jerseys with blue undershirts and stocking 26 times this year. They wore white with red accessories 19 times. For future reference, they wore the red alts 27 times, all at home, and the blue alts 43 times, 8 times at home. They wore their grey uniforms 39 times, all on the road.

Source: Texas Rangers Game Notes
Wow thanks for that info. Again just guessing but judging by that info and the general thought or assumption that they wore the red caps at home more than the blue caps I'm guessing the red caps with the white jerseys at home were more of a weekend thing and the blue caps with white jerseys were more of a weekday thing. So like on a regular week, maybe they wear the blue caps with white jerseys Tues wed Thurs and then Friday and or sat they were the red caps with white jerseys. That would be a solid explanation on how the blue gets worn more but the red seems to be worn more.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:31 PM   #27
Pro

adh5199's Arena

OVR: 3

Also, looking at photos makes me realize that the red used for the rangers (socks, jersey, hats) is too dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2017, 01:40 PM   #28
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
Wow thanks for that info. Again just guessing but judging by that info and the general thought or assumption that they wore the red caps at home more than the blue caps I'm guessing the red caps with the white jerseys at home were more of a weekend thing and the blue caps with white jerseys were more of a weekday thing. So like on a regular week, maybe they wear the blue caps with white jerseys Tues wed Thurs and then Friday and or sat they were the red caps with white jerseys. That would be a solid explanation on how the blue gets worn more but the red seems to be worn more.
For the Rangers, the pitcher chooses the combination. Darvish goes red a lot (I've heard it is a good luck color in Japan, but I can't confirm that). Lewis usually chooses blue or white with blue. Blue can be worn home or away, but red is a home only color.

Old 01-14-2017, 04:51 PM   #29
Banned

SchwarBear12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
Also, looking at photos makes me realize that the red used for the rangers (socks, jersey, hats) is too dark.

Alot of the reds in the game are too dark imo. For example, for my Diamond Dynasty team, I do a faux Montreal Expos fantasy team. It was a bear trying to get the red just right, because multiple teams pre-loaded reds are ALL just too dark. I think I eventually went with a custom version of the Cardinals red.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:58 PM   #30
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Uniforms with incorrect sock colors

Noticed a lot of the special socks being posted, but the guys who just wear normal socks on the Indians are just plain red.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:33 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199

Yeah almost all the shades of Red are too dark and look maroon in some lighting. I'd really love to see this fixed if possible. I know there numerous limitations with the style guide and color shades. But the red sox, reds, rangers, and even the angels red color seems to have zero pop to it. It looks dark and dull.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2017, 08:57 AM   #32
MVP

I'm pretty positive every shade of red currently used in mlb is the exact same shade. So if they can get one teams red looking correct they should be able to get every teams red looking correct. It's not like the shades of blue that have differences such as light royal, dark royal, light navy, navy, and midnight navy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »