Home

How well does franchise transition from version to version ?

This is a discussion on How well does franchise transition from version to version ? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2016, 12:36 PM   #1
Rookie

PokerWarrior27's Arena

OVR: 0
How well does franchise transition from version to version ?

Hey all, so for the first time ever I want to transfer my 16 franchise to 17 do to the time I put in. For those who have done it any noticed issues that stand out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2016, 03:26 PM   #2
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Re: How well does franchise transition from version to version ?

There can be some legacy issues like there was going from 15 to 16 with player morale. Most of these can be solved by timing the transition between games to coincide with your off-season in game.

I wouldn't worry about it too much though. Even that issue wasn't a big deal as it effected every team, not just your own, so it maintained equality, and that is honestly the biggest issue that has happened so far.

FYI the issue was that if you were in the middle of a season when you carried over, EVERY players expectation was to be a star or ace, regardless of ability.
The problem resolved once the in game year turned over, and like I said, it effected every player on every team, so it really didn't put you at a disadvantage.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:35 AM   #3
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
There can be some legacy issues like there was going from 15 to 16 with player morale. Most of these can be solved by timing the transition between games to coincide with your off-season in game.

I wouldn't worry about it too much though. Even that issue wasn't a big deal as it effected every team, not just your own, so it maintained equality, and that is honestly the biggest issue that has happened so far.

FYI the issue was that if you were in the middle of a season when you carried over, EVERY players expectation was to be a star or ace, regardless of ability.
The problem resolved once the in game year turned over, and like I said, it effected every player on every team, so it really didn't put you at a disadvantage.
well lets hope they fixed that issue for this year.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:46 AM   #4
Rookie

I had an issue the first year they added the feature where there would be some players who would have different names and different skin colors for some reason. It wasnt just players who had retired in real life and not on the game. This was on PS3 so I'm not sure if its fixed on the PS4.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:01 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

Reasonably well IMO
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2016, 01:44 AM   #6
MVP

Houston's Arena

There's a few glitches where pitchers are given shades, they have there photo still but given wrong skin tone, and at times career stats were way off.

Players who are on MLB 16 in your carry over to 17 who go play in Japn, retire and other various reason will turn into a generic player of themselves but will keep there career stats and ratings.

But in 16 players who have not retired would get wrong skin tone or this generic white player model. (See pics)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GLITCH CARRY OVER 1.jpg (166.4 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg GLITCH CARRY OVER 2.jpg (166.2 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg GLITCH CARRY OVER 3.jpg (158.5 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg GLITCH CARRY OVER 4.jpg (67.6 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg GLITCH CARRY OVER 5.jpg (169.6 KB, 82 views)
Old 12-13-2016, 08:28 AM   #7
Rookie

Thats what I mean. Its a really great idea but they just need to fix issues like that.Hopefully they do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »