Home

Presentation: Camera Angles

This is a discussion on Presentation: Camera Angles within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #1
Rookie

Br_Mac16's Arena

OVR: 0
Presentation: Camera Angles

Hello all! Just out of curiosity, does everyone seem to be happy with the camera angles? I love the game, been a day one purchaser since 09 but I really wish that 17 would bring with it another camera option that mimics that of real broadcasts.
I feel like the broadcast camera we have now slows the game down too much and misses the ball flight once the ball reaches the outfield. For these reasons I primarily play on medium but I'd like a camera that was a little more zoomed and stationed behind the plate. I know there was a small push for this last year and nothing came of it but it would be awesome to explore this a bit more for 17.
I understand one of the issues with a stationary camera was that balls wouldn't be followed into the corner but maybe the camera could shift once the ball was past the infield.
It seems that ball physics are going to refined even more this year and I think it would be awesome to see it from a more realistic perspective.
Thanks!

Last edited by Br_Mac16; 12-10-2016 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Auto correct!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2016, 07:38 PM   #2
Rookie

physicx's Arena

Re: Presentation: Camera Angles

Fielding with the Broadcast camera view is as close to real games as they've gotten it seems. Depending on the direction of the ball there's 3 basic points behind home plate that pan out, so maybe try that.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:08 AM   #3
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

actually, I just found new life in this game by changing the camera angle when batting. I always the tendency to use the default camera while batting and the games use to drag and was very hard to get through a season. Over the weekend I tried batting in the broadcast view, and found that I enjoy the games way better and get through a lot more for some strange reason,. (maybe because it feels more like watching a real game).
Old 12-12-2016, 04:31 PM   #4
Rookie

Pro yakyuu spirits 15 really nailed the presentation/camera angles especially on balls in play. I wish the show would do something like that
Old 12-13-2016, 01:51 PM   #5
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

The gameplay cameras are pretty dynamic and seems going in a good direction if it is a big work in progress. The custom camera can also payoff like it did with my hitting cameras. I'm a big fan of the dynamic fielding camera, but the old views weren't too shabby in my opinion. The dream camera would be something where fielding felt as close to first person as possible every time but only Player Lock or RTTS can give you that 100%.

RHB above LHB below

When it comes to presentation however, everything is behind where it should be. Overall presentation hasn't been a high priority for the game on PS4 which stuns me given how good they are with the stadiums and graphics in the crowd and onpar visuals on the field, yet they don't prioritize presentation to showoff the nice touches they worked hard on. I'm hoping for expanded presentation cameras throughout the game, if other players don't care there's always the x button. But it would be nice to see great presentation during mound visits, between innings, after every play,

Im waiting on the big kahuna when in stadium replay boards actually are showing ingame replay footage. It would be the first game ever to do it in that way. There's so much presentation they should be capable of if they were ambitious enough about it.

When pitching I just go with the replicated tv camera position that is shown on television broadcast. They have all 30 of those angles included in the game, a number of them make pitching more difficult being offset and/or too far away but it's still better to me than the other pitching cameras. I hate the catcher view when pitching, so they definitely need to give us better options on the pitching gameplay cam.

Last edited by @legendm0de; 12-13-2016 at 02:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2016, 09:18 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7
Angry Re: Presentation: Camera Angles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
actually, I just found new life in this game by changing the camera angle when batting. I always the tendency to use the default camera while batting and the games use to drag and was very hard to get through a season. Over the weekend I tried batting in the broadcast view, and found that I enjoy the games way better and get through a lot more for some strange reason,. (maybe because it feels more like watching a real game).
...been doing this for many years now...lovely isn't it.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Br_Mac16's Arena

While I agree that the batting/pitching cameras are great, (especially since you can adjust it to whatever angle you want) I was referring more to the fielding cameras. I don't feel as though the fielding cameras give enough of a broadcast type feel. I play exclusively on broadcast and to me, it seems as though the camera is angled a bit too low.
If it were angled a little more top down and kept the backstop orientation on balls hit near the lines I think it would be perfect.
It's not far off. I love the look and feel of the game from the broadcast angle but I wish it would track the field of play a little better if that makes sense.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:35 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

I am praying they include that press box view...you know the one they cut to every now and then in a cut scene between plays? Shows the entire field like you are looking down from the press box.

This view would be awesome for manage only games or cpu vs cpu...and yes there are folks out here who play those 2 modes extensively.

It is a great cam angle and also could be used for regular mode since it shows every player it would be a great view for fielding and throwing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »