Home

Jumbotron and LED board feedback

This is a discussion on Jumbotron and LED board feedback within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 11:50 AM   #73
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Jumbotron and LED board feedback

Here is some better screen shots of what the LED Ribbon boards look like on the left and right field side of Citizens Bank Park from the 2016 season.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (170.5 KB, 322 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (136.7 KB, 327 views)
File Type: jpg infield-from-third-base.jpg (450.6 KB, 318 views)
File Type: jpg field.jpg (356.4 KB, 320 views)

Last edited by tnixen; 01-11-2017 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:53 PM   #74
Rookie

ruskoz's Arena

OVR: 1

I do not know if this has been mentioned before but why not make it a feature were the community can make, add, and edit much of the none dynamic media/ads throughout the stadium.

As far as the Jumbotrons and/or dynamic video displays a good start might be to create a editable loop for each team. Player and team bio/stats can be inserted in a timely fashion of relativity and as for extra content...make a bunch of caned content (clips) and let the community make additional, add, and edit them and insert into the loop. The finished loop would be editable except for the slots when player/team are triggered to role because of relevance.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:16 PM   #75
Pro

adh5199's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskoz
I do not know if this has been mentioned before but why not make it a feature were the community can make, add, and edit much of the none dynamic media/ads throughout the stadium.

As far as the Jumbotrons and/or dynamic video displays a good start might be to create a editable loop for each team. Player and team bio/stats can be inserted in a timely fashion of relativity and as for extra content...make a bunch of caned content (clips) and let the community make additional, add, and edit them and insert into the loop. The finished loop would be editable except for the slots when player/team are triggered to role because of relevance.

Would love to put my own ads up on the walls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2017, 12:01 PM   #76
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Rogers Centre

I don't know the best way to explain a lot of this stuff. I will just list off everything, and then throw up a fewf pictures I have on my phone and try to show what I'm talking about. Also if this is too late at least it can be used for next year haha

Here is a blurry picture of MLB '16 that I will refer to on occasion

1) There are two small LED boards to the left and right of the Jumbotron. The current layout in MLB '16 has the left one with the Ball/Strike/Outs, and the right one showing the MPH of the previous pitch. This can been seen in the 'encounter of the blurred kind' third picture

This changed in 2015 - the left one now shows the time, and the right one shows the B/S/O. The radar gun is now in the very bottom right corner of the Jumobtron, with the Jumbotron line scoreboard + B/S/O moved over.

2) It was also noted previously in the topic, but the Jumbotron now also has a small pitcher stat box that is above the line score. Pitcher handedness (RHP/LHP), Last name of pitcher, W/L, K, ERA, WHIP. All stats are for the total season.

3) Finally, the player picture has been moved to the left of the player name, just beside the lineups (it is currently on the right side in MLB '16). The right side now shows the opposing team lineup. As well, the only things shown for the lineup (for both teams) are Last Name/Position/Batting Average.

4) In the MLB '16 pic, we can see two small ribbon scoreboards just to the right/left below the Jumbotron (the one on the right is to the right of the Rogers ad).

However, the layout should be slightly different. The ribbon boards themselves correctly extend from directly above 3B to directly above 1B. But right now, there are only the two scoreboards and everything else is generic advertising. It should go:

Above 3B: Scoreboard, then pitcher stats board
Left of Jumbotron: Batter stats board
Right of flight deck: Scoreboard, then pitcher stats board
Above 1B: Batter stats board

Notes on these:
- W/L and ERA under pitcher's name are for total year, all other stats are for the individual game
- All stats on batters stat board are for entire year

So now...the pics of all of this

Picture 1: 3B Scoreboard/pitcher stats board

Picture 2: 1B Batter Stats Board

Picture 3: LF Batter stats board (its blurry, but exact same as the 1B one above) + the LED above the Budweiser ad showing the time instead of B/S/O

Picture 4: This shows...the changes to the Jumobtron (both team's lineups, pitcher stat ribbon above the line scoreboard, player picture moved to left, MPH moved to bottom right of Jumbotron), the LED board above the Rogers sign showing the B/S/O, as well as the scoreboard and pitcher stats board

Picture 5: In picture two, there is also a small 50/50 raffle LED board that is to the right of the batter stats board. This was added in late season - have added in another blurry picture that shows the concurrent one on the 3B side

Hopefully that made sense...if you need anything more specific let me know and I can try to scrounge up some other photos.

Last edited by theaub; 01-14-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:32 PM   #77
MVP

Oh, and one final thing about AT&T Park: it appears the Giants are upgrading to LED stadium lighting for the 2017 season.

The outfield concourse at the park (coke slides, cable car, etc.) is open year-round, and I got a couple of shots this past sunday. So far, only the scoreboard light towers have the LED lighting installed completely.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I know it might be too late in the development cycle to get this in, but I just wanted to make y'all aware if you weren't already.

I also know that this might not be the EXACT right thread for this, but since the Stadium Accuracy/Feedback thread is closed, this is the next best avenue, I suppose.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 01-21-2017, 11:20 AM   #78
HAMBURGLAR

edwing's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
Rogers Centre

So now...the pics of all of this

Picture 3: LF Batter stats board (its blurry, but exact same as the 1B one above) + the LED above the Budweiser ad showing the time instead of B/S/O

Picture 4: This shows...the changes to the Jumobtron (both team's lineups, pitcher stat ribbon above the line scoreboard, player picture moved to left, MPH moved to bottom right of Jumbotron), the LED board above the Rogers sign showing the B/S/O, as well as the scoreboard and pitcher stats board

Hopefully that made sense...if you need anything more specific let me know and I can try to scrounge up some other photos.
That's great and really comprehensive. I just want to add that the two ad boards by the LF and RF foul poles are now LED boards (and have been for about 2 years now). In the game they are still of the non-LED variety. You can see them in the two pics that I have quoted. I believe these LED boards, in addition to posting advertisements, also swap between pump-up messages (such as HOME RUN and TU-LO) and certain stats as well. Hope this helps.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:11 PM   #79
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

It would be cool if the Jumbotron showed the replay of key plays.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:11 AM   #80
Rookie

I know it's still a work in progress, but I noticed in the latest MLB 17 The Show video that Progressive Field still had the old LED ribbon boards, not the new ones that wrap around the stadium. The new giant main video board was in and looks amazing though!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »