Home

Problems and Issues with current/throwback Uniforms

This is a discussion on Problems and Issues with current/throwback Uniforms within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 06:46 PM   #65
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Problems and Issues with current/throwback Uniforms

So basically, due to the style guide, every team in the league is going to have coloration issues/incorrect jerseys forever and there's nothing we can do? Cause there are so many teams with wrong shades of their colors and washed out jerseys. I mean every red in the game is washed out. The Tigers primary color for their home jersey is black instead of navy blue. Pirates yellow is muddy. Blue Jays, Royals, Padres, and any other blue jersey are too bright. There are basically no jerseys in the game that look exact to their real life counterpart, and I guess that's something that can't be fixed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2017, 07:01 PM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
So basically, due to the style guide, every team in the league is going to have coloration issues/incorrect jerseys forever and there's nothing we can do? Cause there are so many teams with wrong shades of their colors and washed out jerseys. I mean every red in the game is washed out. The Tigers primary color for their home jersey is black instead of navy blue. Pirates yellow is muddy. Blue Jays, Royals, Padres, and any other blue jersey are too bright. There are basically no jerseys in the game that look exact to their real life counterpart, and I guess that's something that can't be fixed?
Yes and no. The style guide limits many things but brightness and coloration of jerseys isn't or at least shouldn't be one of them. I could be wrong but I feel like those issues are just human errors that haven't been corrected. Like why is the Pirates black jersey gray when other teams such as the Marlins and White Sox have perfectly colored black jerseys? You'd think whatever programming was used for the colors of the Marlins and White Sox black jerseys would just be used for the Pirates jersey as well but I guess I'm wrong. I think the style guide is a serious issue but it's not the only issue and some people (not the devs, fans) incorrectly revert to it as an excuse.

Things like piping and logo placement and wrong helmets and undershirts and socks and things like that are style guide issues but lighting and coloration are not.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:24 PM   #67
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Well I hope some of these things can be corrected then. It is definitely odd that the Pirates black is washed out while the others are as they should be.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:25 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Well I hope some of these things can be corrected then. It is definitely odd that the Pirates black is washed out while the others are as they should be.
I think we're all hoping these things get corrected sooner than later.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:32 PM   #69
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Believe it or not, there are different shades of black. I believe that some just do not transmit well onto the screen. That in combination with lighting and possible human error, you get washed out pirate jerseys.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:16 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24
Believe it or not, there are different shades of black. I believe that some just do not transmit well onto the screen. That in combination with lighting and possible human error, you get washed out pirate jerseys.
Of course there are different shades of black. But the Pirates black jersey is not a different shade as the Marlins Rockies or White Sox black jerseys. If those teams can have the correct black in the game so can the Pirates.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:01 PM   #71
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24
Yes, you're right. Definitely different shades. But these all look the same to me.

IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

IMG_0652.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #72
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

I wasn't trying to be a smart ***. I just meant that with some Pantone colors they may not be exactly. To me, black is black.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »