Home

Interview: MLB The Show 17's retro elements with Ramone Russell!!

This is a discussion on Interview: MLB The Show 17's retro elements with Ramone Russell!! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2017, 03:42 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: Interview: MLB The Show 17's retro elements with Ramone Russell!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
If The Show is not ready for PS4 Pro technology I'm okay with that cause I don't think I'll be able to afford this PS4Pro/4K stuff anytime soon.
I do want to see The Show on the Pro but I kind of hope it starts with The Show 18. I would upgrade to a Pro for the game but would rather not have to do it soon.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:49 PM   #10
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belkbuzze
...find a way, somehow, to partner with MLB.tv and notify me in-game of what's happening IRL with my favorite team(s)... I don't have time to watch Baseball AND play video games. It's either one or the other. Having a bit of both world would be incredible.
Don't they do this now, in some way?

I would love for them to partner with Fangraphs...I love the stats and analysis the site has and would just fall head-over-heels with stats if it was implemented in the game.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:58 PM   #11
Rookie

Belkbuzze's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Don't they do this now, in some way?

I would love for them to partner with Fangraphs...I love the stats and analysis the site has and would just fall head-over-heels with stats if it was implemented in the game.
They do in a certain way yes. I was however thinking about something really more advanced and complex (and maybe a bit irrealistic), like a quick video recap of previous IRL innings, a la MLB Network, during in-game pitching change/end of inning.

Last edited by Belkbuzze; 01-03-2017 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Add quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2017, 11:15 PM   #12
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Not sure how I missed this and pretty sure it was not posted here yet.

It's from December.22,2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Px3eypMUg

I think I see improved ball physics shown off around the 2:52 mark in the video? Either way game play looks great as always.

Also maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but does the grass and dirt look a lot better then in MLB The Show 16? Looks very vivid and more detail perhaps. Or perhaps it's just the video making it look that way.

Anyway I got high hopes for 17!
Doesn't look like much was done to me. Still seems to have that unrealistic sheen to it and the way the grass is cut looks very weird and dark on the opposing lines like it always has. Maybe a few improvements here and there but I don't expect much. Coloring looks abysmal on many of the other trailer shots where the grass is basically a dim, pale green like it is in many stadiums.

Basically, whoever is coloring the fields, and maybe it is tied to the lighting engine and whatever else, needs to actually go to these fields and color match the grass with their display at the office.

I'm still not sure how this pale green dead looking grass texture is acceptable in 2017.

It's the only way we are going to play on fields that actually look like realistic fields.

I mean I'm not even asking for 3D grass. I'm asking for accurate colors. I really don't think that is a big deal. But apparently it takes a decade to come to the realization that the fields look really bad.

I guess we'll see how everything looks in a couple weeks here. Let's hope 17 is a solid foundation for 18.

Last edited by MythicalGnome; 01-03-2017 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:10 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
Man I'd love to see what this game could look like in native 4k with HDR on the ps4 pro. Don't know if they put any focus towards that this year but it would be a wonderful pleasant surprise if they did!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I am fully expecting them to take advantage of the Pro capabilities and HDR, etc. I mean how could they not? The Show is one of Sony's flagship titles...for them to release a new version in March that does not show off HDR and recode for Pro specs would be a Huge miss in my opinion.

Baseball is a beautiful looking sport. As a kid, the first thing you notice when your dad takes you to a game is the green grass as you walk through the tunnel to your seats. The contrast of the dirt, the shine of the stadium paint, the whiteness of the bags and plate, etc. Baseball is all about aesthetics. I do hope they push this envelope in March. If not, I don't get it...
Old 01-04-2017, 08:35 AM   #14
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I am fully expecting them to take advantage of the Pro capabilities and HDR, etc. I mean how could they not? The Show is one of Sony's flagship titles...for them to release a new version in March that does not show off HDR and recode for Pro specs would be a Huge miss in my opinion.

Baseball is a beautiful looking sport. As a kid, the first thing you notice when your dad takes you to a game is the green grass as you walk through the tunnel to your seats. The contrast of the dirt, the shine of the stadium paint, the whiteness of the bags and plate, etc. Baseball is all about aesthetics. I do hope they push this envelope in March. If not, I don't get it...
I agree with you and even some old games got patches for HDR. So it would make no sense at all if MLB The Show 17 does not support HDR and of course 4K.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:27 AM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
He does menton "tons of changes and additions to Franchise mode". I can't wait to see what those changes are.
Me neither!

There are a few things that have been on my personal wishlist that I'm hoping have made it into franchise mode this year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 10:18 AM   #16
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Me neither!

There are a few things that have been on my personal wishlist that I'm hoping have made it into franchise mode this year.
I keep telling you they are not going to add a Cardinals win the World Series every year slider.......

Just like they aren't going to add a Nationals make it thru the first round button. Although last year I did make it to the NLCS game 7, but that was probably just a bug.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »