Home

RTTS Winter Challenge

This is a discussion on RTTS Winter Challenge within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2017, 04:07 PM   #57
Rookie

ssimpsons3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RTTS Winter Challenge

I made a Starting Pitcher, to switch things up, and did pretty well-is, better than I thought, in my 2 Showcase games... 6.0, 4H, 2ER.

I was like ok...but the scout still said I did horrible, honestly seems about right.

Got drafted 6th round, Pick 5 to the Brewers. Went to Biloxi, saw some action in our 5th game of season (4-1), came in in the 9th, down 1...

0.2, 5H, 4ER.

OKAY! This is going to be a learning experience for sure, but I'm into it. 16 was a bit of a down year...spent too much time at real Progressive this year...but this adds some serious flavor right before 17. And hey, Y2Y, so this comes with me.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:58 PM   #58
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Is anyone around if I stream some today? Did anyone else get drafted in the first round? Interesting to see folks struggle with OB% from those who've shared stats. Gotta really be patient in those ABs. I try and keep my OB% about 100 points higher than my BA. Tough to do, but that's my goal.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:19 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Is anyone around if I stream some today? Did anyone else get drafted in the first round? Interesting to see folks struggle with OB% from those who've shared stats. Gotta really be patient in those ABs. I try and keep my OB% about 100 points higher than my BA. Tough to do, but that's my goal.
My OBP has been bothering me. I feel like its because in AA at least once an at bat I'm gonna get a super hittable pitch. So I could take more walks but that would mean passing on pitches I can crush (see sky high slugging). My hope is that in AAA and the majors you get far fewer hittable pitches and have to take more walks. Right now I could walk but why when I can make solid contact.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:53 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm in on this! I would like to introduce everyone to Rocco Bridges, a LF/RF who is the newest addition to the Mariners minor league system. After a below-average performance at the pre-draft scrimmages, Rocco has come out of the gates hot in AA. Here is Rocco's stat line after just 4 AA games:

Rocco chatting it up with scouts:

Rocco dominating early in his AA career:

That face when you don't pitch around Rocco Bridges:

Last edited by wiser66; 01-30-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:57 PM   #61
Banned

Im really liking this idea. You guys should do another challenge like this when 17 comes out. I don't really expect to make the bigs very soon since i'm not all that good but I like the challenge.

I went with a 6'3" L/L Left fielder/First base built mostly with contact and arm for now. I got drafted #15 in the 3rd round by the Orioles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2017, 09:06 AM   #62
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

A few days ago I pretty much did what I said I would probably end up doing on HoF difficulty: rage quit. Max Powers batting ~.200 with only 7 RBI in early September of his rookie year with about 200 at bats. I dumped points into plate vision, discipline, and contact. I believe they are all rated in the mid to upper 60's now, and he is around a 78 overall, but still a utility infielder/pinch hitter, and still not making good contact. Lots of lazy fly balls and routine grounders. Strikeout numbers and walk number are OK, I just can't make good contact at HoF level. The pitchers nibble the corners seemingly perfectly. And when I rarely do get a good pitch to hit, I either pop it up or hit a slow grounder.

I'm thinking about going back to Max's career one more time and setting the difficulty back to All Star and see what happens.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:51 AM   #63
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
A few days ago I pretty much did what I said I would probably end up doing on HoF difficulty: rage quit. Max Powers batting ~.200 with only 7 RBI in early September of his rookie year with about 200 at bats. I dumped points into plate vision, discipline, and contact. I believe they are all rated in the mid to upper 60's now, and he is around a 78 overall, but still a utility infielder/pinch hitter, and still not making good contact. Lots of lazy fly balls and routine grounders. Strikeout numbers and walk number are OK, I just can't make good contact at HoF level. The pitchers nibble the corners seemingly perfectly. And when I rarely do get a good pitch to hit, I either pop it up or hit a slow grounder.

I'm thinking about going back to Max's career one more time and setting the difficulty back to All Star and see what happens.
Work on your discipline rating. This will create less edge painting by pitchers.

Also, I purposely don't work much on my vision--then, when I don't have a ball squared up, it'll be a swing and miss, and not as likely to be a weak hit.

I should be getting my MLB call-up any day now! I'm hitting .287/.358/.465 in AAA 2017 after having been traded by the Nationals to cross-town rival Baltimore.

Former 1st round pick, still playing in LF having committed just one error so far.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:37 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Work on your discipline rating. This will create less edge painting by pitchers.

Also, I purposely don't work much on my vision--then, when I don't have a ball squared up, it'll be a swing and miss, and not as likely to be a weak hit.

I should be getting my MLB call-up any day now! I'm hitting .287/.358/.465 in AAA 2017 after having been traded by the Nationals to cross-town rival Baltimore.

Former 1st round pick, still playing in LF having committed just one error so far.
Interesting stuff about the discipline rating. I didn't realize that had an impact on pitchers painting corners.

Did you request to get traded or did it happen organically?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »