Home

Is it worth getting a ps4.........

This is a discussion on Is it worth getting a ps4......... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2017, 10:37 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is it worth getting a ps4.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
That's not how this question works. If you look at it that way then of course the answer is no.
Why isn't it how this works? The question is do I get a PS4 JUST FOR THE SHOW. Not is MLB The Show a good game to get when I already have a PS4. He is thinking of buying a brand new console just for MLB. Straight from his mouth, that's what he asked and I answered. If people say is a PS4 worth $400 then we can debate that all day until we're blue in the face.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2017, 10:47 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Why isn't it how this works? The question is do I get a PS4 JUST FOR THE SHOW. Not is MLB The Show a good game to get when I already have a PS4. He is thinking of buying a brand new console just for MLB. Straight from his mouth, that's what he asked and I answered. If people say is a PS4 worth $400 then we can debate that all day until we're blue in the face.
Ok maybe I worded it wrong. In the literal sense yes you're right this is how the question works.

Is MLB The Show worth $400-500? Not at all.

But I don't think this guy is asking it in the literal sense. He's basically asking if he spent money on buying a ps4 just for the Show would he enjoy it or would he regret his purchase? It's almost unanimous here that he wouldn't regret his purchase.

This isn't about the actual cost of the physical hardware and software this is about entertainment value. I don't know this guy's schedule but if he has the time to commit to playing this game then yes it's worth it for him to spend this money on a ps4 and the Show.

The way you responded is like if someone who enjoys fishing asked if it was worth it for them to buy a boat and then someone responding with "no it's not worth spending thousands of dollars to eat some fish."
Old 01-18-2017, 11:15 PM   #27

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Actually it's pretty simple.

No one thinks one game is worth the cost of a system plus a game.

If someone is asking if it's worth it it means they have the means to pay for the system and the game. For those who value a baseball game it clearly is worth it and it's highly unlikely that that one game is the only thing they would use the console for.

If it makes you feel better to play a game of semantics then go for it but the question, as previously pointed out, is nothing new and it's pretty clear what the intent of the question is.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:18 PM   #28
Rookie

Chad0034's Arena

OVR: 2

Its absolutely worth the price to get a PS4.

Also in these winter months while we wait for The Show 17, go out and get yourself Last of Us, Uncharted, and Heavy Rain.

You can thank me later.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:45 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Yea, there is 0 game in the past present or future that is worth over $400-500.

Ps4 has other great games. When I was thinking of getting a PS4 or Xbox one, my advice from friends with both systems was that if I didn't care about Halo or Gears of War (I don't), then the PS4 was the system to get. Definitely has the better exclusives.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:05 AM   #30
Rookie

Beasnizzle99's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks guys, I feel like i got a deal from Amazon, having a prime membership, I was able to get the ps4 uncharted slim bundle brand new and MLB 16 for under $300,
Old 01-19-2017, 08:07 AM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasnizzle99
Thanks guys, I feel like i got a deal from Amazon, having a prime membership, I was able to get the ps4 uncharted slim bundle brand new and MLB 16 for under $300,
Welcome to the Show.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2017, 09:03 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasnizzle99
You won't regret it. Bump the thread and let us know what you think of the game and what mode you play. If you don't want to "joystick" the game you can play manage mode and just manage the game while not controlling the players.

On a side note since you are a Braves fan, if you use the live roster to start your franchise you will have Swanson although his attributes for the '17 game will be different from the final live roster in '16. IRL I believe the Braves will be the most improved team in the NL and Braves fans should send LaRussa a thank you card for Inciarte and Swanson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »