Home

TOO MUCH HANG TIME ON FLY BALLS

This is a discussion on TOO MUCH HANG TIME ON FLY BALLS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2017, 08:39 AM   #9
Inside The NFL

OhDaesu19's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: TOO MUCH HANG TIME ON FLY BALLS

This has been a pet peeve of mine. I only play online franchise so I cannot speak to offline. Sliders do make an impact. I reduced fielder's speed one notch and reaction one notch. I reduced power THREE notches and increased solid hits two notches. I have found we still hit HRs but there are many more hits in the gaps that go for doubles and triples AND "normal" singles that fall in FRONT of the OFs like in real life as in game too many singles were of the ground ball variety thru the infield. I am very happy with the results plus we now score many more runs without the use of the HR. Prior it felt like 95% of all runs came via the long ball. We use All Star hitting, yes All Star and HOF pitching. Hitting of HOF (again in online franchise) feels way too muted regardless of sliders...too many weak fly balls, pop up, dribblers, broken bats, etc. I play in three online leagues so it's easier to compare and All Star hitting with adjusted sliders simply feels much more organic. We still great a great mix of scores...
Old 01-27-2017, 10:00 AM   #10
Rookie

jgb3's Arena

OVR: 0

I actually did a sim-test of this... multiple 162 game seasons, compared historical put out numbers to put out numbers produced in a sim. Catchers saw the biggest spike in output numbers, proportional to their real life averages. I determined it was not because of increased strikeout numbers - pitchers were putting up normal numbers. It goes without saying that the next most plausible reason catchers were recording so many outputs was an inordinate amount of pop outs - we're talking 3 a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-27-2017, 10:01 AM   #11
Rookie

jgb3's Arena

OVR: 0
TOO MUCH HANG TIME ON FLY BALLS

Also, I've been able to run to second base with my RTTS character before the ball has been caught by a fielder (several times). This is at least 8 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2017, 05:46 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 3

I definitely agree that this is one of the biggest issues I still have with the gameplay (besides from the still weak ball physics causing an extreme lack of double and triple plays, especially curving grounders to the corners).

Playing the game in any mode against a human, you almost never have a fly ball drop to the ground. Someone (even slower players) is always able to get under it.

There definitely needs to be more "blooper" hits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »