Home

MLB The Show 17: Retro Mode Details, Regional Cover Athletes Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17: Retro Mode Details, Regional Cover Athletes Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2017, 12:17 PM   #17
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: MLB The Show 17: Retro Mode Details, Regional Cover Athletes Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by russilini
retro mode is such an awful idea, from a great game maker...add more to the game it self...or give us old rosters to celebrate GRIFFY...DON'T GIVE US AN OLD GAME
Actually one button mode has been in for a while. I could not find the thread but here are the highlights.

The "one button" mode was added in to help with people with disabilities actually be able to play MLB The Show. I also believe this was a factor in the design decisions of some of the manage only mode crowd. It made it much easier for more people to be able to enjoy the game and experience the sport that they love as much as the rest of us do.

I, personally, think this is an awesome addition to The Show. Adding features and game modes that make the game more accessible and entertaining for more people can never be considered a bad thing.

Before just dubbing something as a bad idea or a poor design choice, you might want to think about how these choices and modes could be used by everybody or increase the overall quality of the product as whole.

But that's just MY .02

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:44 PM   #18
Rookie

RawlingsHOH's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
retro mode is such an awful idea, from a great game maker...add more to the game it self...or give us old rosters to celebrate GRIFFY...DON'T GIVE US AN OLD GAME
So wrong on so many levels. Even if you don't care for retro mode look at the big picture

Sent from my SM-G903W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-26-2017, 01:57 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 27

You don't have to play it so there's that.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-26-2017, 02:13 PM   #20
MVP

any info on ps4 pro?
Old 01-26-2017, 02:53 PM   #21
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
Looking forward to trying out retro mode but the main thing I want to check out in the main game is if they FINALLY have the outfielders play with some urgency.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2017, 03:27 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawlingsHOH
While on hear you, in the end what is the cover, I mean we'll still see Griffey on the screens first that's what matters.

Nice to get the sked, one potential downer, as one of the many wanting expansion or create a team mode for season/franchise. they show the mlb hat available digitally for DD teams... perhaps they wouldve left a nugget on the screen saying DD and franchise mode.

Hopefully im just being pessimistic but its getting to the point where I'd literally take a roster update with create a team...

As a manage mode player if you add improved gameplay to that I'm all in but then as a child my favorite birthday gift was a clock radio so I guess I'm easy to please :-).
Old 01-26-2017, 04:57 PM   #23
Banned

SchwarBear12's Arena

Quote:

You mean don't give YOU an old game, which is a totally different thing.

I can think of two people in my life, immediately off the top of my head, that haven't played the Show or Video Game Baseball in years, because it has gotten too complicated for them to play, and they used to LOVE playing video game baseball years ago when they were younger.

These two people are both purchasing The Show 17 BECAUSE OF Retro Mode.

I will agree that I think DD is bringing more casuals in, but if the more revenue the Show team and Sony gets from DD and Retro Mode and these more Arcade experiences, allows them to get the rights to more classic stadiums, or more legends, or more depth for the game and other modes like RTTS and Franchise...

I'm ALL for it.

I can't wait for Retro Mode. I'd love to be able to climb into bed at night and throw on a basic game that I can knock out in 30 minutes, and fall asleep.

I'm just hoping there's some unique bonuses or ticket items JUST for playing Retro Mode, as opposed to other more complicated modes.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:08 PM   #24
Rookie

RawlingsHOH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarBear12
You mean don't give YOU an old game, which is a totally different thing.

I can think of two people in my life, immediately off the top of my head, that haven't played the Show or Video Game Baseball in years, because it has gotten too complicated for them to play, and they used to LOVE playing video game baseball years ago when they were younger.

These two people are both purchasing The Show 17 BECAUSE OF Retro Mode.

I will agree that I think DD is bringing more casuals in, but if the more revenue the Show team and Sony gets from DD and Retro Mode and these more Arcade experiences, allows them to get the rights to more classic stadiums, or more legends, or more depth for the game and other modes like RTTS and Franchise...

I'm ALL for it.

I can't wait for Retro Mode. I'd love to be able to climb into bed at night and throw on a basic game that I can knock out in 30 minutes, and fall asleep.

I'm just hoping there's some unique bonuses or ticket items JUST for playing Retro Mode, as opposed to other more complicated modes.
Seems like it would be 20 minute games the rbi games are around there, just felt longer when we were younger lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »