Home

MLB The Show 17 Screenshots (Work in Progress)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Screenshots (Work in Progress) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2017, 01:17 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: MLB The Show 17 Screenshots (Work in Progress)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Great catch I hope this means they finally fixed this for all the jerseys and not just the fans!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I wish they would put a name there instead of just PLAYER, just really silly. Not an important thing at all, just something that always catches my eye and bugs me. Even if it was just SMITH or RUSSELL or just something besides PLAYER. Wouldn't hurt to vary the numbers either.
I hope not every fan has a "0" number on back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2017, 10:58 PM   #26
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

OVR: 0

Okay, I'm not starting a war or anything, and there is more to be implemented, but I would really like to know: for people that have been to NYY Stadium, how does that grass reflect what you see in real life? I honestly do not know what it looks like atm haven't watched a Yankees game in some time.

Now don't get me wrong the photo here is a cheap JPG from the net. And there is not much sunlight. But this is such a vast gulf between game and reality that it concerns me. Why is everything so faded and lit up in The Show?

I added another completely different shot that is much lighter and you can still see the very overt differences. This shot to my knowledge is not accurate just a lot lighter in tone. The walls are very blue. But even the grass is still very dark. Fields have a tendency to look more lush in summertime at night obviously, but in no way have I ever seen a field look like The Show does in game, even with the most bluest of grasses. And it's hard to believe you guys are not picking these color schemes at this point. You have HDR and 4K available to you.

The only way you are going to get it right is probably doing it yourself. Taking a high-end camera to the stadium and matching your digital shots to what you see in real life. It's basically the only way you are going to get perfection. But at some point I don't care about perfection, I just care about improvements.

Maybe it doesn't concern other people, and that is A Okay. I am looking forward to the progress they make in this version even if it is only steps toward next year's release for graphics.

Last edited by MythicalGnome; 01-31-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:50 AM   #27
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

Honestly, can someone from the dev team tell me what is going on here? Why is your grass milky-white? This is an honest question that needs to be answered. Not covered up by mods. Not censored for forum satisfaction. There is no hatred here. I am buying MLB 17.

I just want to know how it is you guys find your fields to be even close to accurate? And why are there no complaints about how absurdly inaccurate these stadiums look? You guys complain inanely about commentary year after year, yet say nothing about the actual realism OF THE GAME. It's almost like people on these forums never actually go to games. Because let me tell you the grass at actual baseball games is taken care of by a near million dollar field team, and it IS NOT milky white.

Dudes, it looks like they are playing in a dead end desert in the second shot. This is NEW YORK. The BIGGEST BASEBALL TEAM on the planet. They spend like a million dollars on field care. Their grass is green bros. GREEN.

Last edited by MythicalGnome; 01-31-2017 at 03:02 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:26 AM   #28
Rookie

RawlingsHOH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
Honestly, can someone from the dev team tell me what is going on here? Why is your grass milky-white? This is an honest question that needs to be answered. Not covered up by mods. Not censored for forum satisfaction. There is no hatred here. I am buying MLB 17.

I just want to know how it is you guys find your fields to be even close to accurate? And why are there no complaints about how absurdly inaccurate these stadiums look? You guys complain inanely about commentary year after year, yet say nothing about the actual realism OF THE GAME. It's almost like people on these forums never actually go to games. Because let me tell you the grass at actual baseball games is taken care of by a near million dollar field team, and it IS NOT milky white.

Dudes, it looks like they are playing in a dead end desert in the second shot. This is NEW YORK. The BIGGEST BASEBALL TEAM on the planet. They spend like a million dollars on field care. Their grass is green bros. GREEN.
Never noticed it but this shows a pretty big difference and come to think of being at actual games you're 100% correct. Grass pops in real life at ballparks. As for the stadiums themselves they're done really well minus the huuuge stairways

Sent from my SM-G903W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-31-2017, 07:18 AM   #29
MVP

Something I think of every year but have never mentioned... I'm not sure if this is the way to go or if SCEA would ever do this but I have a theory as far as matching colors and getting things the correct tone and shade and value. I'm pretty sure SCEA gets their colors from actually visiting these ballparks and matching the color to what they get on those visits but isn't there many things such as the grass that should be matched based on what is seen on TV broadcasts? Sometimes the value of a color is way different in person than on tv and when I'm playing the show I don't want the colors to match what I see when I'm sitting in a ballpark I want the colors to match what I see when I watch baseball on tv because I play the show on my TV. Get it?

In theory I should be able to put two tvs side by side and one be playing the show and on the other be watching a real baseball game with the same teams in the same ballpark and all the colors should match on both tvs.

I shouldn't have to play the show literally sitting inside of an mlb ballpark to have the colors match between the game and the ballpark. Absurd analogy but I think it makes sense.

Something to think about maybe?
Old 01-31-2017, 07:53 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 21

The pic of the 17 version of Yankee Stadium grass is off for sure. I live in CT and go to the stadium a few times a year. It is a much darker shade of green IRL.

Some stadiums will actually "paint" certain areas of their grass that may have worn away or lightened in color as the year goes on to keep it darker and richer looking..mostly the stadiums in hot, humid areas with little rain.

C
Old 01-31-2017, 10:41 AM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Okay, I'm not starting a war or anything, and there is more to be implemented, but I would really like to know: for people that have been to NYY Stadium, how does that grass reflect what you see in real life? I honestly do not know what it looks like atm haven't watched a Yankees game in some time.

Now don't get me wrong the photo here is a cheap JPG from the net. And there is not much sunlight. But this is such a vast gulf between game and reality that it concerns me. Why is everything so faded and lit up in The Show? I added another completely different shot that is much lighter and you can still see the very overt differences. Fields have a tendency to look more lush in summertime at night obviously, but in no way have I ever seen a field look like The Show does in game, even with the most bluest of grasses. And it's hard to believe you guys are not picking these color schemes at this point. You have HDR and 4K available to you.

The only way you are going to get it right is probably doing it yourself. Taking a high-end camera to the stadium and matching your digital shots to what you see in real life. It's basically the only way you are going to get perfection. But at some point I don't care about perfection, I just care about improvements.

Maybe it doesn't concern other people, and that is A Okay. I am looking forward to the progress they make in this version even if it is only steps toward next year's release for graphics.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Those screens are from late November if my memory serves me correctly. At the time they where taken none of the new graphical improvements where implemented into the builds yet.
Can we wait until we see pictures/videos with the new graphical improvements before we go off the deep end?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2017, 10:55 AM   #32
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:

Now don't get me wrong the photo here is a cheap JPG from the net. And there is not much sunlight. But this is such a vast gulf between game and reality that it concerns me. Why is everything so faded and lit up in The Show? I added another completely different shot that is much lighter and you can still see the very overt differences. Fields have a tendency to look more lush in summertime at night obviously, but in no way have I ever seen a field look like The Show does in game, even with the most bluest of grasses. And it's hard to believe you guys are not picking these color schemes at this point. You have HDR and 4K available to you.

O man if only the grass in MLB The Show could look really close to those real life screens shots!

Got to wait for the Playstation 5 most likely to even come close to that kind of grass color and texture. Not even the PS4 Pro can pull that off I am sure.

Last edited by tnixen; 01-31-2017 at 10:58 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »