Home

SunLife Stadium

This is a discussion on SunLife Stadium within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2017, 12:24 AM   #1
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0
SunLife Stadium

Hope the old Marlins stadium doesnt have the logo behind home, plan on making that the Rays home stadium this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2017, 06:35 AM   #2
MVP

Re: SunLife Stadium

That's a cool idea. I Iike it.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:20 AM   #3
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

I like you're idea, but I would expect it to be the same exact version that was in the most recent PS3 version of the game.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:55 PM   #4
Rookie

HarlemYankee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
Hope the old Marlins stadium doesnt have the logo behind home, plan on making that the Rays home stadium this year
They'll probably have the old "F" logo from the Florida Marlins days... But I think you indirectly posed a compelling argument as to why relocation or create-a-stadium is so important to us as players.

I would never play as the Rays in franchise mode because I hate playing at Tropicana. If I could somehow avoid playing at that dump, it would open up an entire new team for me. Even if you didn't have to fully relocate and could just build yourself a new stadium in Tampa, that'd be awesome.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemYankee
They'll probably have the old "F" logo from the Florida Marlins days... But I think you indirectly posed a compelling argument as to why relocation or create-a-stadium is so important to us as players.

I would never play as the Rays in franchise mode because I hate playing at Tropicana. If I could somehow avoid playing at that dump, it would open up an entire new team for me. Even if you didn't have to fully relocate and could just build yourself a new stadium in Tampa, that'd be awesome.
You may be aware, but currently you can play as the Rays and not play your home games at Tropicana Field. You can select a different stadium prior to playing your home games.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2017, 04:19 PM   #6
Rookie

HarlemYankee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You may be aware, but currently you can play as the Rays and not play your home games at Tropicana Field. You can select a different stadium prior to playing your home games.
Oh, I'm definitely aware, but having another team's gigantic logo behind the plate messes with my immersion a bit. Trust me, I still do it, even for a team whose stadium I love to play in just to switch it up a bit... But being able to have a new stadium for a team like the A's or Rays that's actually in Oakland or Tampa is just another reason why I feel folks like myself want a create-a-stadium or relocation so badly.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:20 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemYankee
Oh, I'm definitely aware, but having another team's gigantic logo behind the plate messes with my immersion a bit. Trust me, I still do it, even for a team whose stadium I love to play in just to switch it up a bit... But being able to have a new stadium for a team like the A's or Rays that's actually in Oakland or Tampa is just another reason why I feel folks like myself want a create-a-stadium or relocation so badly.
Cool. Just wanted to make sure you knew .

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-26-2017, 04:21 PM   #8
Banned

SchwarBear12's Arena

I spend alot of time in the Trop each year and I will never understand the hate that park gets. The neighborhood is terrible (ala Olympic Stadium in Montreal), but the park itself really is better than the hate it gets.

It is a very intimate ballpark, where you feel right up on the action, because it plays like a living room.

I enjoy playing in it on the Show because it plays alot quicker because it's smaller, and also with the AstroTurf. It's just a different atmosphere.

Hopefully SunLife Stadium will be left alone. I want that ballpark to look like it did back in the day. No alterations. I grew up in that place and have alot of happy memories there. Now THAT is a ballpark that deserves all the crap it got. It played like a football stadium, but did have its unique angles, like the Teal Monster. But BOY did it get HOT! That place was like a smoldering bowl. It could be stifling in the middle of the summer. It was actually much more comfortable, and nicer to watch a game from the upper deck than from the lowel bowl.

I'd take the Trop any day of the week and its constant 72 degree Air Conditioning than SunLife back in the day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »