Home

SunTrust Park preview?

This is a discussion on SunTrust Park preview? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2017, 11:16 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: SunTrust Park preview?

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
I am going to say this and I don't want anything to distract from the video game forum. I worked at the huge hotel by Turner Field for ten years. I was in charge of parking at the hotel. I seen many of the same people come from all over game after game and year after year. Especially from the northwest corridor and beyond. They didn't mind it. This is "Braves Country" no matter where stadium sits in my city!

As far as safety is concern 90% or more of the death's came from people drinking and falling to there death. The Atlanta Police was well in place all around the Turner Field area before game time and a hour after game time.

And yes I do understand the move.All the revenue is the Braves, meaning they used it retaining talent. Yeah right! It's sad that the city of Atlanta and The Braves couldn't work a development plan for the area. Those residents in that area wasn't budging on their properties for the amount of money.
Good thoughts and thanks for sharing. I think as Braves fans, we all want to see them succeed and the rebuilding process is, personally, an exciting thing to witness. Having grown up in the 80s and 90s and living not far outside of ATL, I have been to countless games at Fulton County and Turner. I have never let the location of the stadiums deter me from attending multiple games every year. Now, I'm anticipating the new park to take on an identity of itself and hopefully that representation will be captured well in The Show (I have no doubt it will).

And this business decision to leave Turner Field has led to Georgia State University to invest big $$ to buy and redevelop Turner Field and nearby properties. Turner will most likely be renovated into their new football stadium as well as a mixed-used development in the area. However, I understand the sentiment and desire to have had the Braves pump out money to repair the Ted. But again, I just want to see a winning product on the field.

I will be at SunTrust on opening day and and look forward to seeing how close The Show replicates its development. I wonder if the "chop" theme will continue to be used as much at SunTrust during games? I'm sure the similarities will be there but I'm stoked to experience opening day at a brand new ballpark.

Last edited by xBravesx; 02-11-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #26
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12
Icon14 Re: SunTrust Park preview?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBravesx
Good thoughts and thanks for sharing. I think as Braves fans, we all want to see them succeed and the rebuilding process is, personally, an exciting thing to witness. Having grown up in the 80s and 90s and living not far outside of ATL, I have been to countless games at Fulton County and Turner. I have never let the location of the stadiums deter me from attending multiple games every year. Now, I'm anticipating the new park to take on an identity of itself and hopefully that representation will be captured well in The Show (I have no doubt it will).

And this business decision to leave Turner Field has led to Georgia State University to invest big $$ to buy and redevelop Turner Field and nearby properties. Turner will most likely be renovated into their new football stadium as well as a mixed-used development in the area. However, I understand the sentiment and desire to have had the Braves pump out money to repair the Ted. But again, I just want to see a winning product on the field.

I will be at SunTrust on opening day and and look forward to seeing how close The Show replicates its development. I wonder if the "chop" theme will continue to be used as much at SunTrust during games? I'm sure the similarities will be there but I'm stoked to experience opening day at a brand new ballpark.
Cheers! Here, Here!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »