Home

MLB The Show 17 Gameplay Livestream Breakdown

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Gameplay Livestream Breakdown within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2017, 09:00 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: MLB The Show 17 Gameplay Livestream Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
You are incorrect. You need to go back and play '16 and pay attention to the runners coming out of the batter's box.

If I knew how to search these forums at all I would find the vlog from last year with this being demonstrated. But you also have a developer coming in and telling you that it is programmed into the game already.
I can't recall if there was a vlog from '16 on this. But it was on one of the twitch streams where I think Woodweaver himself demonstrated it. Except for on 3rd out, I have not seen where player stops running 1/4-1/2 way up line. The runner usually stops running about 3/4 way up line.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:15 PM   #34
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
I can't recall if there was a vlog from '16 on this. But it was on one of the twitch streams where I think Woodweaver himself demonstrated it. Except for on 3rd out, I have not seen where player stops running 1/4-1/2 way up line. The runner usually stops running about 3/4 way up line.
I remember that stream, although playing the game I've never noticed them slow down.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:17 PM   #35
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
I remember that stream, although playing the game I've never noticed them slow down.
Me either....

Woodweaver said it's possible bug in build showed on Twitch. In all honesty I don't think it was ever working....

Hopefully this sheds some light on something that should be working but isn't......Or maybe it's just me.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2017, 02:59 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Here's a '16 vid of the runner slowdown on a hard hit , but routine out guys:

Peralta is 61 speed, which is not all that fast, but he's definitely faster than this at full effort.

I'm guessing a good guidepost for whether or not you're going to see this is if the fielder plays the ball (cleanly) around the time batter leaves his "out of the box" animation. In this play it looks like he's out of the box first, but it's still pretty close. But it's an obvious routine play where the runner knows he'll be out without some kind of error (which I almost obliged with!). That's the kind of play you'll see this on.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:56 AM   #37
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Here's a '16 vid of the runner slowdown on a hard hit , but routine out guys:

Peralta is 61 speed, which is not all that fast, but he's definitely faster than this at full effort.

I'm guessing a good guidepost for whether or not you're going to see this is if the fielder plays the ball (cleanly) around the time batter leaves his "out of the box" animation. In this play it looks like he's out of the box first, but it's still pretty close. But it's an obvious routine play where the runner knows he'll be out without some kind of error (which I almost obliged with!). That's the kind of play you'll see this on.
Thank you for taking the time to look this up and proving me incorrect about MLB 16 lol....

Still in the video I shared with Kipnis, it was a little concerning.The video showed multiple bang bang plays with Kipnis grounding out to SS, where the SS took his time. So either Kipnis was running too hard on those plays, or the SS should not have been taking his time....in my opinion, Kipnis should have been running slower as it was almost a guaranteed out (provided there is a good throw)....which lead to this whole discussion.

However, seeing that it did exist to some extent in MLB 16 at least gives me hope that it just is not part of the build that we saw last week.

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 02-14-2017 at 12:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »