Home

MLB The Show 17 Video - Breaking Down the Interview & MLB Monday Released Today

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Video - Breaking Down the Interview & MLB Monday Released Today within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2017, 03:13 PM   #9
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 17 Video - Breaking Down the Interview & MLB Monday Released Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Right, and then what do I get from the mission and equally important are the cpu teams getting the same missions?

In another thread I asked whether cpu teams have the sponsor income available like the user does. I don't use them because if the cpu teams don't get them then I see it as cheating.

No offense whatsoever to diamond dynasty or rtts players because the rpg stuff is popular and the more people who buy the game the better for everybody but - just my opinion - there should be one mode which is "clean" and as close to IRL as possible.

They go to great lengths to get things like uniforms, ball spin, weather effects, etc as identical as possible to real life and then introduce missions into franchise? It seems like a step in the opposite direction of everything else they are doing.
I would think franchise missions may not actually affect your actually franchise I think you can get stubs and tickets or cards and use them however you want. I play franchise and DD so I like being able to collect while I play franchise and like most features in the show its probably completely optional I don't think it would just give you an advantage in your franchise
Old 02-20-2017, 04:57 PM   #10
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB The Show 17 Video - Breaking Down the Interview & MLB Monday Released Today

Quote:
I'm not a DD player but one thing the stream pertained to franchise - missions. I'd prefer to see them keep that stuff out of franchise because it seems a little gimmicky for what should be the closest thing to a sim in the game.

Just my opinion.
Really simple don't do them.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:06 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Right, and then what do I get from the mission and equally important are the cpu teams getting the same missions?

In another thread I asked whether cpu teams have the sponsor income available like the user does. I don't use them because if the cpu teams don't get them then I see it as cheating.

No offense whatsoever to diamond dynasty or rtts players because the rpg stuff is popular and the more people who buy the game the better for everybody but - just my opinion - there should be one mode which is "clean" and as close to IRL as possible.

They go to great lengths to get things like uniforms, ball spin, weather effects, etc as identical as possible to real life and then introduce missions into franchise? It seems like a step in the opposite direction of everything else they are doing.
but the rewards are probably just XP and stubs and or packs or cards... i think their intention is to be able to earn rewards in all game modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #12
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Loving the UI/Menus this year in general.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:24 PM   #13
Banned

SchwarBear12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Really simple don't do them.
As someone who's a long-time franchise/dynasty/season player dating all the way back to Tony LaRussa Baseball days, i'm about as purist as it can get...

And even I found myself addicted to Missions in DD later in the season last year. I was building a faux Expos, and was busting my butt grinding to get those flashback Dawson, Gary Carter, Cliff Floyd, flashback Russell Martin, Grady Sizemore, Bartolo Colon, Brandon Phillips, Cliff Lee, Ian Desmond, Ryan Zimmerman bonuses among others.

Loved EVERY SECOND OF IT

Most fun i'd had in a baseball game since the invention of Season/Franchise stat tracking back in the 90s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »