Home

For franchise users

This is a discussion on For franchise users within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
For franchise users

I found this video interesting. Somewhat speculative but he does touch on some new features. I looked at that same screen and missed critical situations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKgY0ymIXLs
Old 02-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: For franchise users

I'm excited to hear what critical moments are. From the video, them being similar to Madden Play the Moment is something I hope it is not. If it were, there would be an option on a per game basis, not an option to turn it on/off in the schedule tile on the home page.

In madden, when you select the game and before it loads into the game it asks if you want to play with Play The Moments.

For this reason, I think Critical Moments are a simulated feature. When simulating through franchise and season games from the Schedule screen, if you have Critical Moments turned on, I think it will notify you when you have a big moment in your simulated game. For example, down 1 in the 8th inning with a man on 3rd. You can then chose to play that moment or keep simulating.

But if the game is a blowout, or just not close at the end, there will not be a critical moment for you to jump into and it will simulate the whole game.

Based on it being in that Schedule tile as opposed to in the Game Options screen before loading into the stadium such as Weather, Quick Counts, and Broadcast setting.

(Piggybacking off what I just said, I hope quick counts is a part of regular gameplay settings. It is annoying having to select On before every game.)
Old 02-23-2017, 03:08 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: For franchise users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I'm excited to hear what critical moments are. From the video, them being similar to Madden Play the Moment is something I hope it is not. If it were, there would be an option on a per game basis, not an option to turn it on/off in the schedule tile on the home page.

In madden, when you select the game and before it loads into the game it asks if you want to play with Play The Moments.

For this reason, I think Critical Moments are a simulated feature. When simulating through franchise and season games from the Schedule screen, if you have Critical Moments turned on, I think it will notify you when you have a big moment in your simulated game. For example, down 1 in the 8th inning with a man on 3rd. You can then chose to play that moment or keep simulating.

But if the game is a blowout, or just not close at the end, there will not be a critical moment for you to jump into and it will simulate the whole game.

Based on it being in that Schedule tile as opposed to in the Game Options screen before loading into the stadium such as Weather, Quick Counts, and Broadcast setting.

(Piggybacking off what I just said, I hope quick counts is a part of regular gameplay settings. It is annoying having to select On before every game.)
I'm leaning toward turning all that stuff off but I'll wait until I see the full explanation before I decide. I'm sure it will be popular with some franchise users.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »