Home

Glitched pitcher deliveries.

This is a discussion on Glitched pitcher deliveries. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 12:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Glitched pitcher deliveries.

Hello, I am trying to draw attention to a major issue this series has had for years. Basically going back to the start of the PS3 days. This is with release point's in pitching deliveries. This does not happen for every pitching animation, and sometimes it only happens when a pitcher throws from the stretch or from a full wind-up but it is a major issue.

The issue is that, for some animations. The ball does not properly come out of the pitchers hand but instead glitches and morphs or releases too early or too soon or morphs out of the hand and is released from another area. This makes it very difficult to get a read on a pitch as a hitter out of his hand, it is also a distraction at the plate and looks bad.

What causes this, I have no idea. Back years ago people blamed it on having some animations being taken out of the PS2 game, then people blamed it on the year of having new player models and body types and that some animations were not adjusted for it.

If anyone wants to quickly see it in MLB 16, a quick example off the top of my head is Steven Matz.

Can we try and make sure this issue is fixed in MLB 17? Can we compile a list of pitchers who have this issue with their animation?

An example of this glitch. Watch the release point at around 5 minutes and 40 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSiyDRyffyQ

Ramone, any chance that this issue can be fully fixed for 17?

Last edited by NYMets2016; 02-19-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2017, 12:34 PM   #2
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Glitched pitcher deliveries.

You already have one thread going on this topic, you don't need two. Please stick to the thread you already have going.

Thank you

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »