Home

The OS Daily - MLB The Show 17 "The Little Things" Livestream Breakdown

This is a discussion on The OS Daily - MLB The Show 17 "The Little Things" Livestream Breakdown within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2017, 06:07 AM   #9
Banned

SchwarBear12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The OS Daily - MLB The Show 17 "The Little Things" Livestream Breakdown

Anybody else notice that Turner Field was not listed as a Classic Stadium, despite Ramone saying it would be back as a Classic, like Metro, SunLife, Shea & Old Yankee was on PS3?

Sure hope it's just missing. I was really looking forward to Turner Field being immortalized as a Classic ballpark in The Show.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:16 AM   #10
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarBear12
Anybody else notice that Turner Field was not listed as a Classic Stadium, despite Ramone saying it would be back as a Classic, like Metro, SunLife, Shea & Old Yankee was on PS3?

Sure hope it's just missing. I was really looking forward to Turner Field being immortalized as a Classic ballpark in The Show.
I don't think they're calling it a "classic stadium" simply because they didn't have to rebuild it. It's already hard-coded into the PS4 version of the game, so they'll simply just carry it over. These other stadiums actually had to be rebuilt.

At least, that's my assumption. I don't think they would want to spend all of that time on the artwork for that stadium just to scrap it after three years of usage on PS4.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-24-2017, 06:26 AM   #11
Banned

SchwarBear12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I don't think they're calling it a "classic stadium" simply because they didn't have to rebuild it. It's already hard-coded into the PS4 version of the game, so they'll simply just carry it over. These other stadiums actually had to be rebuilt.

At least, that's my assumption. I don't think they would want to spend all of that time on the artwork for that stadium just to scrap it after three years of usage on PS4.

That's what I thought, but then I thought about how things worked in the past, and it was nowhere to be found.

When Yankee Stadium & Shea Stadium ended, MLB 09 put New Yankee & Citi Field in the Stadiums list, and moved Old Yankee & Shea to the Classic list.

Same with Metrodome in 2010. Metrodome shifted to classic, and Target became the current. Same with Sun Life in 2012, it shifted to Classic, with Marlins Park becoming the current.

Hopefully it's still on the way. It was obvious that Sun Life stadium wasn't even finished.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2017, 11:47 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
They have stated in almost every video so far, ratings are not final.
They may not be final for every player on every team but I'm currently using a Padres franchise with the final live roster update from 2016 and the attributes for the players they showed are exactly what I would expect them to be considering their 2016 stats. The only exception is the 2 rookies Margot and Renfroe but the show uses their own formula for rookies and both are shown as top 50 prospects which is in line with what they are projected to be.

Therefore at least for the Padres players they scrolled over I suspect the attributed shown in that video reflect what they will be when I put the game in my ps4.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:26 PM   #13
MVP

https://youtu.be/m9NAP6mL9F8?t=2229

There is a new animation in that first play. Previously the first baseman would run across the bag in front of or sometimes through the base runner which obviously wasn't a good graphic. In that video he stayed in fair territory and touched the inside of the bag thus avoiding a collision with the runner - added realism.

One thing I've wondered about regarding classic stadiums. Let's say I'm using a Brewers franchise and I play a home game in what the game described as "Old Miami" ballpark. Since temperature now impacts gameplay am I getting Milwaukee weather or am I getting Miami weather?

In the category of wild speculation - they mentioned instead of 5 logo saves for create-a-team there are now 50 logo saves. Last year by this date they had already confirmed there would be no relocation, create-a-stadium or create-a-team in franchise. Not trying to get my hopes up but maybe since they haven't talked about it yet and they have allotted 50 save slots for logos - maybe create-a-team in DD is going to be allowed in franchise. It would be cool to create my own team, logo and uniforms and replace an existing MLB team with the created team. I get their roster, payroll and coaches but with my own created team. What could the extra logo spots be for? How about you create your own stadium and there are places to put a logo in various places within the stadium? Granted it's pure speculation but until they confirm or deny it we can dream.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:32 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarBear12

I answered this question on the stream but it moves so fast! Turner Field was moved to the Classic Stadium list.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:47 PM   #15
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

As always a nice, informative breakdown Mil. Great stuff.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2017, 06:04 PM   #16
Banned

SchwarBear12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_SDS
I answered this question on the stream but it moves so fast! Turner Field was moved to the Classic Stadium list.

Friggin' awesome Adam!

Thanks for the update!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »