Home

Throwbacks, Montreal Expos, and the Style Guide

This is a discussion on Throwbacks, Montreal Expos, and the Style Guide within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2017, 08:51 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Throwbacks, Montreal Expos, and the Style Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
Just to make sure I wasn't crazy I went and hunted for my copy of the Show 09 and here's the Expos uniforms in there... it was the last time they were in a game...
If they were there then, they could be in there now.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 02-26-2017, 08:51 AM   #34
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

The small outcry here at OS doesn't justify another licensing cost for a team that does not exists and is not associated with the Nationals organization.

I think you misunderstand how licensing works, there is no easy solution.

And no they could not go in the Nationals slot, they are not associated with the organization as I mentioned a second ago.

If it was easy, this wonderful development team would have them in, but it's not.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:12 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
If they were there then, they could be in there now.
Actually not too sure about that. Apparently it was in 2009 that the Nationals dropped their connection to the Expos legally. The way I understand it The Show could use the Expos until then because the Expos license was a part of the Washington Nationals. That is no longer the case therefore they'd need to acquire the license separately now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2017, 09:45 AM   #36
Rookie

parky_17's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
Actually not too sure about that. Apparently it was in 2009 that the Nationals dropped their connection to the Expos legally. The way I understand it The Show could use the Expos until then because the Expos license was a part of the Washington Nationals. That is no longer the case therefore they'd need to acquire the license separately now.
Yeah the way I see it is you would have to have legends teams to get the Expos in as the Nats are no longer affiliated with them it wouldn't make sense to have there jerseys as a Nats throwback

Sent from my SM-G920F using Operation Sports mobile app

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
TORONTO BLUE JAYS
WASHINGTON CAPITALS
DETROIT PISTONS
Old 02-26-2017, 10:02 AM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
The small outcry here at OS doesn't justify another licensing cost for a team that does not exists and is not associated with the Nationals organization.

I think you misunderstand how licensing works, there is no easy solution.

And no they could not go in the Nationals slot, they are not associated with the organization as I mentioned a second ago.

If it was easy, this wonderful development team would have them in, but it's not.
So put them in a separate slot on their own and allow users to select these generic slots for any team in the league. Let's face it guys, there is a way around all the "technical" limitations people talk about. Whether or not SCEA wants to take this on is a whole different story, and the only thing that matters. Because all licensing and technical items could be solved.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:10 AM   #38
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
So put them in a separate slot on their own and allow users to select these generic slots for any team in the league. Let's face it guys, there is a way around all the "technical" limitations people talk about. Whether or not SCEA wants to take this on is a whole different story, and the only thing that matters. Because all licensing and technical items could be solved.

Sure licensing could be solved but what is the return for SCEA for paying the money for the license? We have no idea the license cost.

You could say they could offer the uni as DLC but what is the guarantee that you get a return on your investment? Could they put it at low enough price point to get enough people to purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-26-2017, 10:17 AM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Sure licensing could be solved but what is the return for SCEA for paying the money for the license? We have no idea the license cost.

You could say they could offer the uni as DLC but what is the guarantee that you get a return on your investment? Could they put it at low enough price point to get enough people to purchase?

I said "whether SCEA wants to take this on is a whole different story, and the only thing that matters."

They obviously do not want to take this on.

But let's not pretend it is an impossible hurdle to clear. It is not. They just don't have it on their priority list and do not think it is worth the time and effort.

It could be done, but there are no plans for it to be done.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:24 AM   #40
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I said "whether SCEA wants to take this on is a whole different story, and the only thing that matters."

They obviously do not want to take this on.

But let's not pretend it is an impossible hurdle to clear. It is not. They just don't have it on their priority list and do not think it is worth the time and effort.

It could be done, but there are no plans for it to be done.

Exactly they don't want to do it and have their reasons for it. That should be good enough, but unfortunately it isn't for some people.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »