Home

Guess pitch/location help

This is a discussion on Guess pitch/location help within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2017, 02:18 AM   #9
Banned

Jaysguy44's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Guess pitch/location help

Opps i should of asked this here, any word on analog stride? The same? or has been improved/changed?
Old 03-04-2017, 04:33 AM   #10
Rookie

Cory4AU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysguy44
Opps i should of asked this here, any word on analog stride? The same? or has been improved/changed?

Pure analog is the most realistic of the bunch. I don't see how anyone doesn't use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-04-2017, 12:30 PM   #11
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory4AU
Pure analog is the most realistic of the bunch. I don't see how anyone doesn't use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I do. I use it here, and all other games that have it. It's so realistic..

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2017, 03:08 PM   #12
Banned

Jaysguy44's Arena

[quote=Cory4AU;2048723025]Pure analog is the most realistic of the bunch. I don't see how anyone doesn't use it.

I understand there are alot of pick up/causal gamers and they like button mashing, thats cool and all but some of us want sorta like a sim baseball game too and thats were analog stride comes in . The year they messed around with it i couldn't even play a whole season cause pulling back was always a power swing and it was home run galore.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:11 PM   #13
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

[quote=Jaysguy44;2048723466]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory4AU

I understand there are alot of pick up/causal gamers and they like button mashing, thats cool and all but some of us want sorta like a sim baseball game too and thats were analog stride comes in . The year they messed around with it i couldn't even play a whole season cause pulling back was always a power swing and it was home run galore.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding but pure analog isn't button mashing.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 03-04-2017, 03:58 PM   #14
Banned

Jaysguy44's Arena

[quote=Mitchrapp;2048723475]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysguy44

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but pure analog isn't button mashing.
I think you misunderstood dude or i wasn't being clear..yes pure analog is the opposite of button mashing and meant for a more sim way of playing The Show.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:05 PM   #15
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

If I could throw my own guess pitch question out here, any help would be appreciated.

I always use guess pitch/zone hitting. As I understand it if I guess correctly not only does my PCI lock onto location but I also receive some contact bonus. If I guess wrong I receive a contact penalty.

But what happens if I have my settings on guess pitch but don't guess every pitch of the at-bat? I'm assuming no bonus or penalty?

Hope I'm making sense here.

Thanks
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2017, 08:17 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
If I could throw my own guess pitch question out here, any help would be appreciated.

I always use guess pitch/zone hitting. As I understand it if I guess correctly not only does my PCI lock onto location but I also receive some contact bonus. If I guess wrong I receive a contact penalty.

But what happens if I have my settings on guess pitch but don't guess every pitch of the at-bat? I'm assuming no bonus or penalty?

Hope I'm making sense here.

Thanks
AFAIK the only time lock-on occurs is when you correctly guess location with "Classic" or "Default". In both of these situations you'll see an on-screen indicator of the pitch's location - Default lights up a part of the strike zone, Classic shows the ball's exact location. When this happens you cannot move your plate coverage around. Guessing pitch type correctly in those two modes will flash the four corners of the strike zone, but not lock on to the pitch. Of course, if you guess both correctly, you'll also get lock-on. If you guess one correctly and miss the other, it's treated the same as missing both, and the penalty is severe.

In addition, there's a "PCI" Feedback option that is the same as default, except that it allows you to move the PCI after a correct location guess.

Not guessing at all provides no bonus or penalty, and is the same as turning the feature off (or at least that's what I believe, since I usually just leave the option on Default and don't use it)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »