Home

MLB The Show 17 Is Looking Good

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Is Looking Good within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2017, 11:26 AM   #25
Rookie

Cory4AU's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Is Looking Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Fixed

I'm lazy anyway so whatever setup on the controller offers the path of least resistance is the one for me

Lol yeah that was a little of an outlandish claim by me. I know people prefer to play the game in different ways. That's part of what makes the Show so great. I just love the feeling of crushing a hanging breaking ball using pure analog.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2017, 12:27 PM   #26
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

I mean, this seems like an article that gets written every single year no matter the outcome. Redundant IMO.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:02 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
I mean, this seems like an article that gets written every single year no matter the outcome. Redundant IMO.
The article should be written every year, for better or worse.
But its not redundant. Elliott Jenkins writes about in Animations and Physics:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Jenkins
last years iteration....Once a game, I was plagued by a routine double play ball wherein the shortstop or secondbaseman took his time throwing out a runner
This looks to be cleaned up in 17 and will be nice if SDS comes through.
Mr. Jenkins also talks about Texas League hits and balls that die down the line.
This couldnt be written for 2016.
Also he speaks of the new catcher cam and new catcher throwing meter in 17. Did your version of Show 16 come with that?
And the quick mention of the upgrade in face scans were mentioned and rightly so.
A much improvement from 16, even if the same could be said of from 15 to 16, there wasnt this drastic of an improvement since going from ps2 to ps3.
Mr. Jenkins also talks of retro-mode. I know for a fact this wasnt written about last year.
Are there some similarities from past articles? Sure, but even if you watch a baseball game IRL you are going to see some of the same things from game to game. Its the outcome and the little differences that you havent seen before that bring you back.
No sir, nothing wrong with having this article written at all. And I look forward to one for Show 18 as well.

A Work in Progress
Old 03-05-2017, 12:13 PM   #28
Rookie

lunch pale gang's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory4AU
I just love the feeling of crushing a hanging breaking ball using pure analog.

I just had to chime in here and piggyback on the above statement. There really is nothing better than hitting a no-doubter with pure analog. Whether it's a hanging curve or if you catch up to some high cheese, the feeling of turning on one and crushing it is one of the best feelings in all of sports gaming.

March 28th can't get here quick enough!
Old 03-05-2017, 01:36 PM   #29
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The Show has always improved year after year, but '17 is by far the biggest improvement in the series. The new ball physics alone will make this year's game feel drastically different than any before it. Add in the new commentary, the new presentation, the new player models, the new animations, and even Retro Mode and this year's game stands head and shoulders above any of its predecessors.

And we still haven't learned everything that is new about this year's game, most notably for me, franchise mode.

I'm always eager to play the newest installment of the Show, but this year, my excitement level is through the roof!

Come on March 28th!

Yeah, it seems this could possibly be the biggest jump in improvement for MLBTS in quite some time. The new ball physics has me excited as does the new commentary. The tell all for me will be whats been done to franchise mode, as thats the only thing I care about, all the other stuff I could care less about. Last yr was the 1st time I didnt buy MLBTS, as mainly money was a issue for us and it just didnt seem like franchise mode had made enough improvement for me to spend money we didnt really have, and it seemed from what I was reading that franchise had plenty of bugs too in 16. Im hoping all thats fixed up this yr and franchise mode has many improvments. Personally I hope Spring Training has been improved, as Im probably in the minority here, but I enjoy playing ST'ing, but there needs to be more Spring Training ballparks and better logic for those games. Also would like to see Single A added to the game, even if its not playable, I would like the added 25 players for additional prospects, and it would help keep AAA and AA accurate on players for the OSFM roster makers. Anyway looking forward to seeing what MLBTS17 ends up being, and hoping we can scrape enough money together to buy the game this yr, it sucked not having MLBTS last yr for me.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 03-05-2017, 04:33 PM   #30
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Franchise Info this week!!! Expecting to be blown away based on how much has improved in all other areas of this game.

Quirks, Front Office, Launch Pad, and Critical Moments sound like they could be big improvements to the mode

Old 04-09-2017, 04:40 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Man, I wish they still made a Vita version!
I wish they made ANY new sports games for the Vita. What a waste of money that was!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »