Home

A message to this forum (Why you can't post right now)

This is a discussion on A message to this forum (Why you can't post right now) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2017, 06:43 PM   #41
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: A message to this forum (Why you can't post right now)

Maybe the reason the devs stick around even with some of the attacks because they know that the mods here will take care of the problems.

If the mods didn't keep the place civil I don't think the devs would stick around.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2017, 06:44 PM   #42

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
To the mods... Maybe I should have worded my thoughts on the TOS better but to be blunt about it this is an internet forum and has no barring on my life, and I don't mean my gaming life but my real, productive life. this forum doesn't help me in any shape or form to being a productive person because honestly none of us should really be sitting on our butts and playing video games and instead should be using our minds to make this planet a better place to live on with innovation. That being said humans have their faults so here I am playing video games and typing about playing video games.

Maybe by sheer luck I follow the TOS but that's likely because of the way I was brought up and the way I choose to project myself and feel all people should project themselves. If you feel I need to be banned because of this than so be it but I don't feel like I've done anything destructive except if being honest is doing just that...
You're post was oddly worded for sure and something I've never seen here but wasn't a violation of anything nor would it be something you should be banned for.

That said, I just want to add that you need to be conscious of the TOS and rules and basic common decency. You've been a member here for awhile without being banned so it seems you are doing that.

I only bring this up because to the moderation team that post is a bit of a slap in the face. We all have lives outside of here. We all have jobs, families, obligations, etc.

This is not a paid responsibility. We do this to enforce the rules of a site we joined, just like you, that we enjoyed and were asked to help keep it that way.

So if you ever find yourself typing a post up that you might deem to be a bit unnecessary, I would hope that you re-read it and instead of thinking "if I'm banned, oh well" you actually do the right thing and re type it.

Again though, not calling out anything specific, just saying you do need to at least be somewhat cognizant of rules regardless of if it has any bearing on what you deem to be your productive life.

To you, this site might just be about video games but there are many sections here that have nothing to do with video games.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:03 PM   #43
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Some of y'awls logic is flawed.

You're telling Mill that this thread isn't needed...the forums aren't that bad or the devs ought to be "big boys" and learn how to brush off criticism. It sounds like you want this to be the forums at IGN then - no mods, no rules, anything goes - who wants to frequent that type of forum that's riddled with immaturity and utter nonsense junk? If I were a dev, I don't want to wade thru a bunch of garbage to get feedback.

I'm not saying they ought to be glorified as they should be constructively criticized...BUT, they also should be thanked when necessary as well. Mill's vision is to ensure the forum both sets and keeps a certain standard that OS holds dear: a mature discussion board.

I came here years ago when trying to find decent rosters for NCAA football. Eventually, I fell in love with OS and donated my $$ in support of this site. I'm not a "fanboy" of OS or any dev team but rather, I appreciate and value the standard that both Steve/Mill continually promote. In order to talk and discuss MLB Show (or NBA 2K, Madden, FIFA, etc.), the requisite is there must be some type of mutual respect to further the conversation.......which, again, is what Mill is ensuring is kept.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:24 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

To the mods... Maybe I should have worded my thoughts on the TOS better but to be blunt about it this is an internet forum and has no barring on my life, and I don't mean my gaming life but my real, productive life. this forum doesn't help me in any shape or form to being a productive person because honestly none of us should really be sitting on our butts and playing video games and instead should be using our minds to make this planet a better place to live on with innovation. That being said humans have their faults so here I am playing video games and typing about playing video games
I dont view playing video games any differently than reading books. And I certainly dont view reading books as a "human fault". As humans, most of us need at least a little downtime from from 'making this planet a better place to live', if only to keep from going stale from that constant grind. I dont think I could even be a productive member of society if I all I ever did was constantly work work work.
"All work and no play", Who am I, Mother Theresa? lol

Makes_jack.jpg

I think video games are an excellent conduit to rest our minds and recharge our batteries so that we CAN hit it hard and heavy when its time to get the job done, so to speak. Now, if I had NO job and lived in my parents basement and sponged off them whilst playing nothing but video games, not contributing to society in any productive manner, now THAT is a bad habit and definite fault. Hopefully OS isnt too full of that kind of member. But even if so, so be it.

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 03-14-2017 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:22 PM   #45
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Some of y'awls logic is flawed.

You're telling Mill that this thread isn't needed...the forums aren't that bad or the devs ought to be "big boys" and learn how to brush off criticism. It sounds like you want this to be the forums at IGN then - no mods, no rules, anything goes - who wants to frequent that type of forum that's riddled with immaturity and utter nonsense junk? If I were a dev, I don't want to wade thru a bunch of garbage to get feedback.

I'm not saying they ought to be glorified as they should be constructively criticized...BUT, they also should be thanked when necessary as well. Mill's vision is to ensure the forum both sets and keeps a certain standard that OS holds dear: a mature discussion board.

I came here years ago when trying to find decent rosters for NCAA football. Eventually, I fell in love with OS and donated my $$ in support of this site. I'm not a "fanboy" of OS or any dev team but rather, I appreciate and value the standard that both Steve/Mill continually promote. In order to talk and discuss MLB Show (or NBA 2K, Madden, FIFA, etc.), the requisite is there must be some type of mutual respect to further the conversation.......which, again, is what Mill is ensuring is kept.
I didn't read every post in this thread but I figured I was the only one that wrote about the embarrassing thread so I guess you're talking my way but I think you're twisting my words a hair so let me clear my stance up...

I suggested the thread be taken down because it's embarrassing, especially to anyone new wanting to come on here for discussion. I mean if i saw that when I first stumbled onto this site, I wouldn't have even signed up. This is just my opinion and my opinion alone but it just makes this place look soft and emotional. A lot of members here are a little to emotionally attached to this game!

The forums aren't that bad thanks to the moderators but if you go back and read the franchise threads, there is nothing in a post that is destructive, just frusturated people, voicing their opinions. Now I also assume the people reading my recent posts think I am one of these guys but that's actually quite the contrary (check my history). I love The Show and every year the devs impress me with the new additions. I actually find it amusing when I get to read something like, "Wow, no expansion or relocation option this year!?", as if 8 months of one developer is going to implement that lol.

Now I don't think the devs ought to be big boys, I think they're adults though and DO brush off the criticism. If you're a fan of the game, and I assume you are, these complainers might help future iterations of the game. If everyone said they were happy and giddy and everything is exactly how they wanted it, they wouldn't change it. That's how we progress my friend. Many people are thanking them as we.. I'll admit it, I find them annoying too but I haven't read anything that would make me think as a mod that I should ban everyone for an hour...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2017, 09:33 PM   #46
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I dont view playing video games any differently than reading books. And I certainly dont view reading books as a "human fault". As humans, most of us need at least a little downtime from from 'making this planet a better place to live', if only to keep from going stale from that constant grind. I dont think I could even be a productive member of society if I all I ever did was constantly work work work.
"All work and no play", Who am I, Mother Theresa? lol

I think video games are an excellent conduit to rest our minds and recharge our batteries so that we CAN hit it hard and heavy when its time to get the job done, so to speak. Now, if I had NO job and lived in my parents basement and sponged off them whilst playing nothing but video games, not contributing to society in any productive manner, now THAT is a bad habit and definite fault. Hopefully OS isnt too full of that kind of member. But even if so, so be it.
Whoa whoa whoa now playing video games and reading book ARE very different. You're right when you say reading books isn't a human fault though. You at least nailed that part. Reading books will help your brain my friend, playing video games will help your hand muscles. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy the video games, because I very much do, but reading has shaped my life...

The things you can do to help society doesn't need to be perceived as work. If you get in the right mind set, you can and will enjoy it and when that happens well look at that, it's no longer work.

On top of that there's more productive things to do for fun besides video games that'll help more then the muscles in your hands...
Old 03-14-2017, 09:45 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium

So at 9 PM EST/6PM PST I will reopen the forum. I haven't had to do this in years, and I'm disappointed that I have had to.
Quote:
I suggested the thread be taken down because it's embarrassing, especially to anyone new wanting to come on here for discussion. I mean if i saw that when I first stumbled onto this site, I wouldn't have even signed up. This is just my opinion and my opinion alone but it just makes this place look soft and emotional.
I think when any new stumblers read the above part of Mill's post, that should assuage any fears by said newcomers. And if it doesnt, anyone who judges an entire community on the basis of one post, even if that post comes from the weight of an admin, well, I just dont even know what to say to that.

A Work in Progress
Old 03-14-2017, 10:29 PM   #48
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
I didn't read every post in this thread but I figured I was the only one that wrote about the embarrassing thread so I guess you're talking my way but I think you're twisting my words a hair so let me clear my stance up...

I suggested the thread be taken down because it's embarrassing, especially to anyone new wanting to come on here for discussion. I mean if i saw that when I first stumbled onto this site, I wouldn't have even signed up. This is just my opinion and my opinion alone but it just makes this place look soft and emotional. A lot of members here are a little to emotionally attached to this game!

The forums aren't that bad thanks to the moderators but if you go back and read the franchise threads, there is nothing in a post that is destructive, just frusturated people, voicing their opinions. Now I also assume the people reading my recent posts think I am one of these guys but that's actually quite the contrary (check my history). I love The Show and every year the devs impress me with the new additions. I actually find it amusing when I get to read something like, "Wow, no expansion or relocation option this year!?", as if 8 months of one developer is going to implement that lol.

Now I don't think the devs ought to be big boys, I think they're adults though and DO brush off the criticism. If you're a fan of the game, and I assume you are, these complainers might help future iterations of the game. If everyone said they were happy and giddy and everything is exactly how they wanted it, they wouldn't change it. That's how we progress my friend. Many people are thanking them as we.. I'll admit it, I find them annoying too but I haven't read anything that would make me think as a mod that I should ban everyone for an hour...
I have read every one of your posts, but this is the exact spot that invalidates every word you've said.

You're commenting on an issue in this forum without reading the posts about it. Stop. Read the whole thread and understand what's going on then comment.

Until then, go back to ignoring the TOS and posting however you want OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD and allow luck to guide you.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »