Home

MLB The Show 17 Video - Franchise Mode Tour (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Video - Franchise Mode Tour (Gamespot) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2017, 09:46 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
MLB The Show 17 Video - Franchise Mode Tour (Gamespot)

GameSpot has posted their MLB The Show 17 video featuring franchise mode. Check it out and post your thoughts!
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 10:14 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB The Show 17 Video - Franchise Mode Tour (Gamespot)

Addison Russell with 9 RBI in the Cubs-Sox game in the bottom line. Yessir, I think it's about time I draft him for fantasy!

I am very interested in scrolling through all of the different loading screens this year. The one they show in the critical situations scenario that they jump into has number of complete games by team and the top three players in that statistical category. Very nice.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-07-2017, 10:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

OVR: 0

Am I wrong or did NYS in this video have lusher and more vibrant grass than what we've seen in years past? Especially when zoomed in on the infield during at-bats?
Old 03-07-2017, 10:31 PM   #4
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

So this is the new franchise front office. When announced most thought that more GM tasks were going to be added and the business aspect was coming back, but it's actually just different ways to play the game faster. Very disappointed.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:35 PM   #5
MVP

underdog13's Arena

In the loading screen it showed complete games, seems to be more than typical. I know other users have had issues with the amount of them before.

I really love how this game looks, those clouds at Wrigley look really good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 10:57 PM   #6
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Unpopular opinion:

The cleats that Gary Sanchez and Starlin are wearing just don't look good...I don't know what it is but they don't look right.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 03-07-2017, 11:12 PM   #7
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Its kind of petty to even comment, but the time amount that they put on each mode is just odd to me. I understand people new to the show wouldn't have a exact idea how long a game would take other than its a baseball game, baseball is a long game. But to have such a emphasis on long it takes to complete a game seems a little over kill. I guess Manfred is on The Shows case about the amount of time it takes to complete a game too.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:17 PM   #8
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
Its kind of petty to even comment, but the time amount that they put on each mode is just odd to me. I understand people new to the show wouldn't have a exact idea how long a game would take other than its a baseball game, baseball is a long game. But to have such a emphasis on long it takes to complete a game seems a little over kill. I guess Manfred is on The Shows case about the amount of time it takes to complete a game too.

I think this all goes back to market research and telemetry data. We are the hard core. Most people here want the full 9 inning experience and there is nothing SDS is doing to take that away. But as Ramone said recently we at OS make up less than 1% of the sales for this game.

PS4's are flying off the shelves and people are gonna be buying this game for the first time. If you go out and ask 10 people what is the biggest problem in baseball I bet 8 of those 10 will say the games are too long. Or that baseball is boring.

I guarantee SDS is only doing what their marketing and telemetry data is telling them to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »