Home

What new Franchise Feature are you still holding out hope for ahead of the stream?

This is a discussion on What new Franchise Feature are you still holding out hope for ahead of the stream? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2017, 12:22 AM   #33
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: What new Franchise Feature are you still holding out hope for ahead of the stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
1. Three to four man rotations in the playoffs.
I forgot about this. Yeah, that's a big one.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 03-09-2017, 12:42 AM   #34
Banned

SchwarBear12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What new Franchise Feature are you still holding out hope for ahead of the stream

Rotating Interleague Schedule is the only thing I really want.

Quick Manage is already confirmed bad-assery, so anything beyond that is gravy on top.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:03 AM   #35
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
2. Each player wears his own uniform in the All-Star Game.
3. Better trade logic.
I like them all but #1 needs to happen sooner rather than later.

I am looking forward to tomorrow's Stream. I do expect to not get the majority of what I listed but I have a lot of faith in The Show team. I believe them to be very hard working and have a love for the game. I'm really glad this thread has been very positive. I hope that we remain positive even if nothing we are hoping for gets announced tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2017, 01:27 AM   #36
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

Mine in order of importance to me:

1. New progression/regression with editable curves.
2. Better CPU bullpen AI.
3. Game mechanic for adding or changing player position.
4. Game mechanic for adding or changing pitches.
5. Game mechanic for swapping or convincing a player to change morale priorities.
6. 6 pitcher rotation with in game mechanics for delaying scheduled starts without fudging my rotation/morale (just because I delayed my ace's start for a day doesn't suddenly make him not the ace).
7. multi team trades and more trade options.
8. ability to press triangle and see a players full player card from the lineup screen.

The rest of my concerns have either been confirmed in or out, so that's my list.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:54 AM   #37
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
3. Better trade logic.
I have always wanted this so badly. I absolutely love watching the ASG with all the individual uniforms.

Was bummed when the NBA quit doing this a few years back.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:40 AM   #38
Rookie

volsfan39's Arena

OVR: 1

Just being more editable in every aspect would make me happy! Be nice to see a vault for say managers and coaches, schedules (classic), Draft classes, uniforms, etc etc. I'm very pleased with all SDS has done this year already but I would also like to see some more customization in the game in the future. Just look what people do with the rosters every year. Can you imagine what they could do with more options to edit. I am sure the created players this year will be something to see with the new options added...
Old 03-09-2017, 09:57 AM   #39
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
3. Better trade logic.
I may be mis-remembering that Russell said this was not possible because uniform files were so big it would mess everything up. Now this may have only been a PS3 limitation, but I would still not hold out hope for this one.

As we have seen with The Shows development cycle they work for a few years at a time on features before they are brought into the game and even then a lot of times they are brought in in stages. So unless they have already started working on this, if it were possible it would most likely still be several years away.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #40
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I may be mis-remembering that Russell said this was not possible because uniform files were so big it would mess everything up. Now this may have only been a PS3 limitation, but I would still not hold out hope for this one.

As we have seen with The Shows development cycle they work for a few years at a time on features before they are brought into the game and even then a lot of times they are brought in in stages. So unless they have already started working on this, if it were possible it would most likely still be several years away.
The issue was that with the game trying to display all the different uniforms at one time, it was dragging down the frame rate. Unless I am mistaken he mentioned this was an issue on the PS4 as well.

Going back to an earlier post you made about All Star uniforms, I'm in the same boat as you, in wishing they would give us generic All Star uniforms to use after the first season. Its frustrating when you're multiple seasons in and the teams are still wearing the all star uniforms from previous years. I'd settle for AL always being red and NL always being blue.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »