Home

What new Franchise Feature are you still holding out hope for ahead of the stream?

This is a discussion on What new Franchise Feature are you still holding out hope for ahead of the stream? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2017, 10:14 AM   #41
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What new Franchise Feature are you still holding out hope for ahead of the stream

I have no hope for anything major. But I'm holding out hope for the inclusion of non roster invitees and a redone draft and scouting, possibly even a draft share feature? As well as improved AI logic when it comes to in game adjustments and lineup management. One thing I would like to see is more defensive shifts added, or even custom shifts. I've seen teams irl put all 4 IF on one side before, would like to see stuff like that added.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #42
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What new Franchise Feature are you still holding out hope for ahead of the stream

Rotating Interleague schedule!!!!
Old 03-09-2017, 10:47 AM   #43
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Rotating Interleague schedule!!!!
I am sure we will get this. This is one of the reveals I hope we get tomorrow. But I don't consider it a new feature, I consider this to be mandatory of a properly functioning franchise.

I realistically hope for better AI/CPU management in lineups, pitching sub's, trades (which had been improved on 16 no doubt), and free agency.

Would love to see multiple team trades (3 team trades) and mid season contract extension capability. Just little things like that would be great.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-09-2017, 11:14 AM   #44
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Not the same thing you are asking for but in the Luis video there does appear to be a change in trades.

https://youtu.be/Lf5kB6wSgQU?t=110

If you pause the video on the trade screen it appears they have added the option - max offer to add money or pay part of a player's salary who you are trading away. That would be a change which replicates what happens frequently IRL.
I still don't think it's clear what the "max offer" means. Hopefully they'll clarify that in today's dive. It's sort of a weird way to phrase "sending cash in a trade."
Old 03-09-2017, 11:25 AM   #45
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I still don't think it's clear what the "max offer" means. Hopefully they'll clarify that in today's dive. It's sort of a weird way to phrase "sending cash in a trade."
Haha. Your screenname here could be the battle cry for a lot of these request. At least it is no longer a battle cry for our Cubbies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2017, 11:43 AM   #46
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I really just want the draft to be revamped.

#1- Please make the draft pool static. You could restart the draft and get an entire batch of new players every time. If there's a Bryce Harper prodigy in the draft pool I want him to come out every time.

#2- Ties in with #1...but the prospect ages get out of whack down the road because of #1.

#3- Give them a college if they are a college player in the US. Add to their "personality"

#4- Give the prospects a scouting report with some language or at least a ceiling/floor comparison. Example: Player A is a starter who projects as a #1/#2 as a ceiling and a #5 as a floor.

#5- Have a better floor of OVR ratings. Guys in the 40's who take 10 years to get to the bigs. Make the system better so that a guy could encounter more ups/downs than just an absolute Mt. Everest to climb.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 03-09-2017, 12:29 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I agree that's what it looks like and it would be a change. I wasn't aware anybody else had noticed it which is why I posted the information.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:41 PM   #48
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

Injury Model - see NHL & NBA2K for reference

most longshot feature of all but it's about time.. collision physics are not apart of the game yet but even without it, there's enough injury logic in this game to create an injury model.

The only bigger wish I have than that is a proper Spring Training to have a fair shot at setting up my franchise for the year ahead but I give up on asking for that, no I don't. It needs to be done before the year 2024.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »