Home

Question about year to year saves

This is a discussion on Question about year to year saves within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2017, 08:39 AM   #17
Rookie

Ricanlegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Question about year to year saves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
Wow are u serious? Dammit!

I was fine with having to pick up 16 real quick to transfer it but picking up both versions is just nonsense. Why can't you just send your save to the cloud so that the new game can pick it up? Is it because there is no ps3 version anymore?

Sent from my Z981 using Operation Sports mobile app

I'm not mad at you guys. Just the scenario
No need to spend money , go to gamestop and buy them used and you can return them within 7 days for a full refund
Old 03-15-2017, 09:49 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
Can you edit their appearance as well to seem similar to whoever got replaced?
Caufield:

i know that in the past some of the players replaced with generics were not editable. There are a few in my carryover save from 15 to 16 that I had to edit for names, but I can't edit appearance. And for some it is scary. I think it is Rafael Soriano that was replaced with a lily white face and dark arms that makes him look like something from a bad 1950s horror movie. I am not sure why some players are editable and others are not, but wanted to call attention that users may not be able to fully edited all the replaced players when they carryover.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:57 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
Wow are u serious? Dammit!

I was fine with having to pick up 16 real quick to transfer it but picking up both versions is just nonsense. Why can't you just send your save to the cloud so that the new game can pick it up? Is it because there is no ps3 version anymore?

Sent from my Z981 using Operation Sports mobile app

I'm not mad at you guys. Just the scenario
They've always said you had to save through the next year's game (15 needs to save into 16, 16 then into 17), so it isn't the console iteration. I'd LOVE to have year to year saves in other games like Fifa or Madden so I love that I've been able to build one MLB association over the last few years and take advantage of anything new they add to the mode. With other games you either stick with last year's version and keep playing that even though it is missing this rule or the newest version has great new features; or you start all over with the newest game, then repeat the cycle.

I think the Gamestop option should work for you (or if a buddy has 16 maybe you can load your 15 season using his disc then upload to 17 when ready). I don't believe you need to go through the 16 season, just have the file from 15 converted to the 16 format, then it should be OK to save into 17, but someone may need to verify this. Good luck.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:03 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
Caufield:

i know that in the past some of the players replaced with generics were not editable. There are a few in my carryover save from 15 to 16 that I had to edit for names, but I can't edit appearance. And for some it is scary. I think it is Rafael Soriano that was replaced with a lily white face and dark arms that makes him look like something from a bad 1950s horror movie. I am not sure why some players are editable and others are not, but wanted to call attention that users may not be able to fully edited all the replaced players when they carryover.
good catch, hopefully that was something that's been fixed

A Work in Progress
Old 03-15-2017, 01:10 PM   #21
MVP

Not concerned as much with appearances as I am stats. How will transfer seasons work with stats, since some entirely new stats are being tracked? Will there be 0's in that category? It's really unclear what will be lost this year with Year to year saves. Does anyone have a definitive word on this?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2017, 01:11 PM   #22
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Not concerned as much with appearances as I am stats. How will transfer seasons work with stats, since some entirely new stats are being tracked? Will there be 0's in that category? It's really unclear what will be lost this year with Year to year saves. Does anyone have a definitive word on this?
Most likely will be 0's if there are new stat categories. This was the same issue when transferring from 15 to 16.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:20 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Most likely will be 0's if there are new stat categories. This was the same issue when transferring from 15 to 16.
Anything else you know of that wont transfer over friend?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 03-15-2017, 09:23 PM   #24
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Anything else you know of that wont transfer over friend?
Not really. Just new stat categories (most likely) and faces may not transfer over well for CAPS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »