Home

Manage only mode

This is a discussion on Manage only mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2017, 12:35 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Manage only mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Good news. My team got 9 hits in my game this evening. Bad news. I still lost the game. The game definitely hates me right now. But it entertains me, so I play it.

Watch out for the Nationals. They are looking good so far.
I'm currently on a 27 consecutive inning scoreless streak post patch 1.4 - it would entertain me more if it would move closer to reality instead of farther away.

My question is why have they done this to the game? Manage mode is the game at its most basic level - CPU vs CPU. No user input. Do they want people who joystick the game to have an advantage over the CPU opponent? Is it deliberate or are they unable to get the game to play realistically? Is it going to be patched or is this the final version for '17?

The developers of the show do a better job of promoting the game than any other sports game on the market. Once the game is released they mostly disappear and emerge again to promote next year's version.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:50 PM   #74
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I'm currently on a 27 consecutive inning scoreless streak post patch 1.4 - it would entertain me more if it would move closer to reality instead of farther away.

My question is why have they done this to the game? Manage mode is the game at its most basic level - CPU vs CPU. No user input. Do they want people who joystick the game to have an advantage over the CPU opponent? Is it deliberate or are they unable to get the game to play realistically? Is it going to be patched or is this the final version for '17?

The developers of the show do a better job of promoting the game than any other sports game on the market. Once the game is released they mostly disappear and emerge again to promote next year's version.

Just a question Tessl.When you play do you call for steals or hit and runs?Steals? pitch locations?Or do you just play now and thats it?Also are you on default sliders?I ask because i'm experincing results that i feel like are pretty good with manage only mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks
Old 04-29-2017, 06:53 PM   #75
Rookie

Maybe a dumb question but I'm new to manager mode, can you play a mom game outside of franchise mode? Like can I manage a game in quick play using the lineups they give for today's games?

Thanks for anyone's help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2017, 06:58 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by stannar18
Maybe a dumb question but I'm new to manager mode, can you play a mom game outside of franchise mode? Like can I manage a game in quick play using the lineups they give for today's games?

Thanks for anyone's help!
Nope. Manage-Only mode is specific to the continuous modes - Franchise, Season, and Playoffs. It's chosen from the Launch Pad which only appears in those modes.

You can do quick manage in Play Nows (if you select it from the in-game pause menu), but that's more of a sim engine thing than true on-the-field MoM.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:24 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Nope. Manage-Only mode is specific to the continuous modes - Franchise, Season, and Playoffs. It's chosen from the Launch Pad which only appears in those modes.

You can do quick manage in Play Nows (if you select it from the in-game pause menu), but that's more of a sim engine thing than true on-the-field MoM.
Did they added MoM to the Playoff mode? Not in reference to our Franchises or Seasons going into October and playoff games being on the calendar. No I am asking about the Playoff mode? I never bothered looking this year because in past years it was not available and this year I immediately jumping into my Season mode and have not played anything other than my MoM games and CPU vs CPU games for all the other teams in the league. It would be cool if MoM was available in the Playoff mode.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:49 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Did they added MoM to the Playoff mode? Not in reference to our Franchises or Seasons going into October and playoff games being on the calendar. No I am asking about the Playoff mode? I never bothered looking this year because in past years it was not available and this year I immediately jumping into my Season mode and have not played anything other than my MoM games and CPU vs CPU games for all the other teams in the league. It would be cool if MoM was available in the Playoff mode.
I'm not sure if they added it or it was already in, but yes - as I said MoM is selectable from the launch pad, and that launch pad screen appears in those three modes. Even the standalone Postseason mode gets the Launch Pad, and can therefore be played in Manage Mode.

Edit: Went back to look at '16 since I still have it installed - you could Manage Mode in standalone postseason there as well.

Last edited by bcruise; 04-29-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:54 AM   #79
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikb2001
Just a question Tessl.When you play do you call for steals or hit and runs?Steals? pitch locations?Or do you just play now and thats it?Also are you on default sliders?I ask because i'm experincing results that i feel like are pretty good with manage only mode

Have a friend who has no complaints about the scores. His Padres pitcher, Pedromo, got lit up for 5 runs in the first inning today, so he tells me, final score 8-6. He says he sees all kinds of scores.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:35 AM   #80
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Have a friend who has no complaints about the scores. His Padres pitcher, Pedromo, got lit up for 5 runs in the first inning today, so he tells me, final score 8-6. He says he sees all kinds of scores.

I'm seeing alot of variety in scores in my games as well

Warriors
Sharks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »