Home

The Three Best and Worst Things We Know About MLB The Show 17

This is a discussion on The Three Best and Worst Things We Know About MLB The Show 17 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2017, 09:53 AM   #17
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Three Best and Worst Things We Know About MLB The Show 17

Like:

Create player brings the graphics way up!
Quick manage (goodbye FAST FORWARD) LOVE THIS!
Player models look great.

No way:

Retro mode
No expansion mode
Matt
Old 03-10-2017, 02:11 PM   #18
Rookie

I think many of you are missing a key component to Retro Mode. As a father of a 6 year old son that LOVES baseball, it is difficult to play The Show while he watches wishing he could grab a controller and play. In this years version he can do just that with Retro Mode. One button does everything just like when we were kids. Will he be able to play franchise? No but he has no interest in that. He just wants to play as his favorite players and teams and have fun. Retro mode was not built for the hardcore players but I know I am looking forward to sharing my passion for this game with my son!
Old 03-10-2017, 02:27 PM   #19
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAFL99
I think many of you are missing a key component to Retro Mode. As a father of a 6 year old son that LOVES baseball, it is difficult to play The Show while he watches wishing he could grab a controller and play. In this years version he can do just that with Retro Mode. One button does everything just like when we were kids. Will he be able to play franchise? No but he has no interest in that. He just wants to play as his favorite players and teams and have fun. Retro mode was not built for the hardcore players but I know I am looking forward to sharing my passion for this game with my son!
Great, great point. Even my 10 year old has a tough time with all the mechanics. This is going to be great for us too.
The celebrity chef culture is a remarkable and admittedly annoying phenomenon. Of all the professions, after all, few people are less suited to be suddenly thrown into the public eye than chefs. We're used to doing what we do in private, behind closed doors.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:28 PM   #20
Just started!

I love the idea of Retro Mode. I'm hardcore into sports simulation just like most of us here are. But I do have friends and my girlfriend, who don't want to invest the time and effort a regular game of the Show offers. Me and my best buddy (even to this day) will spend many hours into the night playing Griffey Slugfest on N64. This allows us to do so - with far better graphics and physics this time around.

And I am in the extreme minority in liking Harold Reynolds. Super pumped to be playing '17 every day very soon.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:48 PM   #21
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm extremely excited for retro mode. More action, much less frustrating missing those low curves and change ups. And we can knock out a game in half the time.

I'm just really hoping we can have a broadcast style game, but with retro cam and gameplay. Something about that retro cam brings out the graphics imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2017, 06:02 PM   #22
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

3 things I like
Quick manage
New graphics
new launchpad

3 things I don't
Retro mode
DD
No Scouting changes.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:03 PM   #23
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
I'm extremely excited for retro mode. More action, much less frustrating missing those low curves and change ups. And we can knock out a game in half the time.

I'm just really hoping we can have a broadcast style game, but with retro cam and gameplay. Something about that retro cam brings out the graphics imo.
Couldn't we just play an old baseball game if we wanted retro mode? I don't understand the appeal, I remember when madden did this. It lasted one year.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
Couldn't we just play an old baseball game if we wanted retro mode? .
You could but I bet Show 17 is the best old baseball game out there. So why not play it, and dont have to hook up another console to do it.

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »