Home

Poll: WBC - Would you want it in?

This is a discussion on Poll: WBC - Would you want it in? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: WBC in MLB The Show?
Yes 81 60.90%
No 52 39.10%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #9
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Poll: WBC - Would you want it in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyme3
I'd be mildly interested if it was integrated with Franchise and RTTS, but otherwise, have no interest whatsoever.
I think it has to be if we are going to compare it against how FIFA integrated the World Teams into their Franchise.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:43 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 2

EA Sports NHL 17 implemented the recent World Cup of Hockey tournament into their game (they obviously had the license) and on one hand it is pretty cool that they added all the teams and added the tournament into the NHL 17 game. However on the other hand I am sure very few if any people are actually still playing the tournament games. It was something you played prior to the NHL season beginning, but it only lasts a week or so before you move on to the regular season.

So yeah I think it would be cool if SDS had the license for the WBC and had the tournament in the game. But there are more important things about MLB 17 The Show to worry about the not having the WBC tournament in the game.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:11 PM   #11

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

While one day I'd like to see it, I voted no because I don't think it is the right time for it. I'd rather wait until the game and the WBC itself were fleshed out a little more. The WBC is exciting, but it hasn't gotten enough traction here in the US to become a neccesary feature in the game.

On top of that, The Show would have to devote all of their resources to something that doesn't even happen every year. They'd have a problem getting the jerseys in there due to space issues, in addition to getting all of the players (do rights to them come with the license?) and stadiums if you wanted to do qualifiers.

So my vote is no, but I would definitely like to see it down the road.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2017, 12:30 PM   #12
MVP

sva91's Arena

I'd love to have this mode, I'm always fond of playing as international teams on sports games. WBC is cool, because it's not just 2-3 dominant teams, Theyre all pretty competitive because of the parity. But the timing is bad, and i would like the presentation/atmosphere to be different than an MLB game, and that may take a lot of resources.

Ramone actually sounds open to the idea. Usually he's straightforward when they won't do something. Maybe it has to do with the big market in japan. Could push sales in Asia if they added WBC.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:32 PM   #13
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

OVR: 0

Not interested..

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 03-13-2017, 12:40 PM   #14
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGHerm
While one day I'd like to see it, I voted no because I don't think it is the right time for it. I'd rather wait until the game and the WBC itself were fleshed out a little more. The WBC is exciting, but it hasn't gotten enough traction here in the US to become a necessary feature in the game.

On top of that, The Show would have to devote all of their resources to something that doesn't even happen every year. They'd have a problem getting the jerseys in there due to space issues, in addition to getting all of the players (do rights to them come with the license?) and stadiums if you wanted to do qualifiers.

So my vote is no, but I would definitely like to see it down the road.
MLB 2K12 (I believe) had the WBC teams and they just used the same players already in the game and assigned them to the proper teams, and filled out the rest of the roster with created players (similar to how minors in MLB The Show is now).

So I believe as long as the players are in the game they can put them on any team (just like when you trade a player to another team in Franchise).

I do not remember MLB 2K having it integrated into their Franchise however and that is how I would like to see it in MLB The Show.

Also for those saying it only happens every 4 years and it does not matter, you are looking at it in stand-a-lone terms. If it was incorporated into Franchise and you go deep into your Franchise or career RTTS you would experience it maybe 4-5 times in your career.

As far as stadiums, they can use the MLB Stadiums already in place today. The qualifying stadiums are picked every year, so its not a set qualifying location. I would be okay with the qualifiers being in warm climates in the US or domed stadiums.

1. Miami
2. Texas
3. LA
4. San Diego
5. Toronto

For memory reasons, they might have to get creative have additional stadiums and jersey's be DLC's (free) for those who want to play mode, or require it to be downloaded if you want to play WBC.

But that is not for me to solve....

Additionally, for those saying its not popular enough or no one will play, I think DD is pretty worthless, do not see the appeal of collecting digital cards and playing with legends and fantasy teams does not have any appeal to me but it made the game....so I would think they would consider (provided they can get license) adding the WBC.

Not knocking DD, but just comparing to something I do not care for and how it does not necessarily detract or hurt the things I do care for.

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 03-13-2017 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:00 PM   #15
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

OVR: 0

Pretty sure PYS included this feature at some point but I don't think it's in the year I own.

It would be nice for The Show to offer it but I'd think licensing costs for the Japanese players would be an issue. I also suspect they wouldn't include the Tokyo Dome venue and that would kill the immersion for me. I'd prefer they do it right (qualifying rounds, all stadiums and players, crowd songs and anthems, special commentary, etc) and release it as a standalone like Fifa has done with World Cup and Euro tourney games but I doubt there's enough of a market to warrant that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #16
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Arbuckle
Pretty sure PYS included this feature at some point but I don't think it's in the year I own.

It would be nice for The Show to offer it but I'd think licensing costs for the Japanese players would be an issue. I also suspect they wouldn't include the Tokyo Dome venue and that would kill the immersion for me. I'd prefer they do it right (qualifying rounds, all stadiums and players, crowd songs and anthems, special commentary, etc) and release it as a standalone like Fifa has done with World Cup and Euro tourney games but I doubt there's enough of a market to warrant that.
I do not care about the players, just the teams. Any player not on MLB should be randomly generated BUT editable. Once the game is in our hands we can edit each player and "add them" to the game....just like OSFM rosters do with minor leaguers.

Your power house countries will be filled of almost all MLB Players:

1. Dominican Republic
2. Venezuela
3. USA
4. Puerto Rico
5. Netherlands

So a big chunk of the rosters will be filled on day one, the rest is up to us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »