Home

Spring Training in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Spring Training in Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2017, 06:22 PM   #33
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Spring Training in Franchise Mode

I personally play spring training. I have position battles (especially if I am a rebuilding team) and it allows me to get my sliders right before I start the actual season.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #34
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I always play my Spring training games. Im probably in the minority but I wish the devs would spend more time on improving ST'ing in franchise mode. For instance add in some more ballparks to play in for Spring games, and add player invites so you have more than the 40 man roster, and improve the AI logic for teams during the spring training games.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 03-17-2017, 08:28 PM   #35
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
Curious why you hate doing this if that's the way it works in reality? I have no issue exercising options on the guys who don't make the team.
Fair point. Let my preface (my previous post) by saying I've never completed a full season. But I plan to thi syear, and continue with the brilliant Y2Y save feature.

I guess I don't want to 'waste' an option because I am fearful of 'using them up' in a season. However, on 2nd thought, I guess there's not going to be 'that much' movement anyway.

If I recall correctly, each player gets 3 moves? I assume those 'reset' each year?

Sorry for the n00b questions...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2017, 08:34 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Fair point. Let my preface (my previous post) by saying I've never completed a full season. But I plan to thi syear, and continue with the brilliant Y2Y save feature.

I guess I don't want to 'waste' an option because I am fearful of 'using them up' in a season. However, on 2nd thought, I guess there's not going to be 'that much' movement anyway.

If I recall correctly, each player gets 3 moves? I assume those 'reset' each year?

Sorry for the n00b questions...
I don't mind the noob question I love explaining this stuff. Every player has 3 option years but once an option is used it's valid for the entire season. So you don't use up 3 options in a season just one per season. So if u send a guy down at the end of spring training you can then bring him up and send him back down an unlimited amount of times for that season. Maybe you thought you use an option every time you send a guy down and that the spring training one was a waste of an option? That's not the way it works. Hope this helps. Let me know if u have any other questions.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:36 PM   #37
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
I don't mind the noob question I love explaining this stuff. Every player has 3 option years but once an option is used it's valid for the entire season. So you don't use up 3 options in a season just one per season. So if u send a guy down at the end of spring training you can then bring him up and send him back down an unlimited amount of times for that season. Maybe you thought you use an option every time you send a guy down and that the spring training one was a waste of an option? That's not the way it works. Hope this helps. Let me know if u have any other questions.
Ah. You are precisely correct with me being incorrect on how I thought it worked.

This is great news, lol. Given that I can use all 40 in ST will make me play many, many more ST games. I never really saw the point of bothering with it, playing with my everyday players that I was going to use anyway (other than slider tuning).

Thanks so much for clearing that up!
Old 03-17-2017, 09:41 PM   #38
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10

I play as many as I need to get a feel for my squad. Play every game at a minor league, or classic stadium. Mix my lineup up every game. It's more of a free for all, but I get through most of the month. I make cuts as I see fit. Good times...

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
Old 03-18-2017, 07:12 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Alright, who's the wiseass that plays all the ST games, then sims the whole regular season?
*looks around*
No one? Then I guess it must be me, the one time I did that back around Show 10 or 11 lmao

A Work in Progress
Old 03-18-2017, 07:22 PM   #40
Banned

Jaysguy44's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Alright, who's the wiseass that plays all the ST games, then sims the whole regular season?
*looks around*
No one? Then I guess it must be me, the one time I did that back around Show 10 or 11 lmao
You live in Bizarro world.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »