Home

MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2017, 05:08 AM   #41
Rookie

WB1214's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread

I was planning on playing all 162 with the Braves once OSFM comes out, but now with the new quick manage feature (which I love) I think I'm going to go two different ways. Up until trade deadline, play 1 then quick manage 5. Should I be in contention, I will then move to playing 1st game every series, quick managing the rest. My guess is that I'll play somewhere in the 45 game range but make managerial decisions in all 162. This will be the first franchise I plan on carrying over and making my own world

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2017, 11:02 AM   #42
Rookie

herdfan50's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm going to buy a PS4 this week for this game. I have always loved playing the MLB The Show games and can't wait for it. For the franchise discussion, I'm going to start with The Cardinals. This has been my favorite team for years now. I want to get a different short stop for this team, as well as dumping off Wainwright. Please help me as I'm not very up to date with baseball.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2017, 12:22 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I'm going to be interested in starting a Brewers franchise within The Show. It's going to be odd for me, because I will have to get used to losing being part of playing the game, and worrying about rookies and when to start making grabs for free agents...

Maybe I can get them a World Series within 2 years.
I'm going to start one with the Brewers as well. Should be a challenge in that division. Not sure how I will handle losing either. Haha
Old 03-24-2017, 03:04 AM   #44
Pro

i think im gonna get after MLBTS16 this weekend and set up about 10 different franchises....get them all to Spring Training and carry them over to 17 then look over how things look in the new game and decide there. the quick manage def could really change the game but part of me still thinks i end up playing with my Giants
Old 03-27-2017, 11:16 AM   #45
Rookie

DaltonT4's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrl Brakes
No doubt about im going with Fictional Franchise that I have been patiently and meticulously creating over the last few years. With all the additions to create-a-player tools its just time.

Any chance you make this available to everyone? Would love a good fictional roster to play with.
NFL: Cincinnati Bengals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2017, 01:04 PM   #46
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Absolutely plan on waiting for OSFM before starting my "real" Yankee franchise.

Really excited considering the amount of prospects + young guys we have coming up!

Going to be taking a very similar route with the team as the thread creator is. I'm most curious about when the timing will be "right" to call up Clint Frazier and Gleyber Torres ...

Also 100% going after Manny Machado to play 3B once he's up for Free Agency.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:28 PM   #47
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Will be waiting for OSFM to start my Red Sox franchise, but will be doing tons of other fun ones in the meantime​!

In my Red Sox franchise I will be playing every game including spring training. Position battles a plenty with Holt and Panda battling over 3B, and Panda will also be battling with with Moreland over 1B. Bullpen depth will be a battle, as well as the 5th spot in the rotation. I will be updating all year long in here! I am pumped!
Old 03-27-2017, 03:00 PM   #48
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8

Always play RTTS until OSFM comes out, once that happens, I dive straight into franchise. I always play a Royals franchise. The scenario this year should be an interesting one.

You've got one last year with the core guys in Moustakas, Hosmer, and Cain. The team is set up to contend pretty well for 2017. Once the offseason hits, it's time to make decisions. Realistically, best-case scenario means you sign one of the above three players. You can either tear the entire team up and get some young pieces, or you can work with the young players at the major league level such as Cheslor Cuthbert, Raul Mondesi, and Jorge Soler and build around them as they progress. Not to mention the young arms in Staumont and Strahm. A lot of different routes one can take in a Royals franchise this year.
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »