Home

MLB The Show 17 Supports 4K & HDR on PS4 Pro

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Supports 4K & HDR on PS4 Pro within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2017, 02:51 PM   #105
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB The Show 17 Supports 4K & HDR on PS4 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I didn't think so either but I could see a huge difference in Shadow of Mordor once I got the Pro and before I got my 4K Tv.
Hmmm ok... Yea I still don't think I want to pay $200+ for a Pro just for improved visuals, when my OG PS4 is working perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #106
Banned

OVR: 27

Still not sure about a TV upgrade at the moment but I do think I will upgrade to the Pro. I am currently at Best Buy upgrading my phone and doing that gets me a $200 Best Buy gift card. Could put that right towards a Pro.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #107
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Everyone keeps focusing on graphics. The framerate alone was worth it for me to upgrade.

Of course we do not know if it's gonna be 60 FPS, but with some of the FPS drops in previous iterations, the pro upgrades will be welcomed tremendously.
Are we of the impression that there will still be framerate issues with the OG PS4? Or have they confirmed that those have been resolved?
Old 03-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #108
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Are we of the impression that there will still be framerate issues with the OG PS4? Or have they confirmed that those have been resolved?
It's a safe bet to assume there will be a difference otherwise it wouldn't of made sense to have a high frame rate option.

I wouldn't say issues, but I doubt it'll be as smooth as the pro.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:10 PM   #109
Rookie

Kevin82485's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
No one should go buy a 1080p just for HDR honestly. They're not going to have wide color gamut and would be a pointless upgrade as it would be bare to minimal difference.

You'd be much better off buying a lower end 4K than a 1080p, IMO, not much price difference and you get 4K plus the HDR those 1080p will. Honestly, unless you're in dire need of a TV, I wouldn't get anything less than one with wide color gamuet. If you have a good TV already, the difference is going to be minimal without it.
You make fair points. These 1080p TVs are not going to be for everyone and the largest TV is only going to be 49". Sony hasn't released many details regarding these 1080p TVs, including price, but a wide color gamut is not exclusive to 4K TVs. One could presume that since HDR is a feature of their upcoming 1080p TVs, then the TVs will have a wide color gamut.

These 1080p TVs are sort of targeted at folks on a budget who have an original or slim PS4. These PS4s can play games in HDR, but obviously can't do 4K. If someone has a PS4 Pro, then I would not suggest these 1080p TVs.

However, I would be careful suggesting a low end 4K TV with HDR. It is likely to look pretty bad.
Wisconsin Badgers

XBL: TheJudge24
PSN: UntalentedTalent
Old 03-17-2017, 03:12 PM   #110
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

OVR: 0

At the end of the day we need to test out the game on our own we may all have PS4 pro but we have different tvs some better than others. I am interested to see how Mines play I have a Samsung UN55KU6290 with 4k + hdr and I'm still wondering how it would look on Mines

Sent from my A0001 using Operation Sports mobile app

U mad Bro!!
Old 03-17-2017, 03:29 PM   #111
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin82485
You make fair points. These 1080p TVs are not going to be for everyone and the largest TV is only going to be 49". Sony hasn't released many details regarding these 1080p TVs, including price, but a wide color gamut is not exclusive to 4K TVs. One could presume that since HDR is a feature of their upcoming 1080p TVs, then the TVs will have a wide color gamut.

These 1080p TVs are sort of targeted at folks on a budget who have an original or slim PS4. These PS4s can play games in HDR, but obviously can't do 4K. If someone has a PS4 Pro, then I would not suggest these 1080p TVs.

However, I would be careful suggesting a low end 4K TV with HDR. It is likely to look pretty bad.
You might wannna do your research. The Hisense H8C is actually a very impressive budget 4K that sells for $500. It's by far not the prettiest or the best HDR by a long shot, but rtings have it very high for "budget" shoppers. It is a waste to get a 1080p with TVs like that IF you need one,IMO. And I will recommend this over and over again.

But this isn't the place to bicker about TVs. So moving on.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 03-17-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2017, 03:44 PM   #112
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Yeah guys, let's do the TV talk In the TV thread in the entertainment and technology forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »