Home

MLB The Show 17 Supports 4K & HDR on PS4 Pro

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Supports 4K & HDR on PS4 Pro within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2017, 01:35 PM   #1177
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Supports 4K & HDR on PS4 Pro

Does it matter what hdmi cable I use...do I need one that's 2.2 or will the one that came with my ps4 pro work just as well
Old 04-03-2017, 01:47 PM   #1178
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1212
Does it matter what hdmi cable I use...do I need one that's 2.2 or will the one that came with my ps4 pro work just as well

Cable doesn't matter. Only time I would splurge on an expensive one if if you need a really long one. It's all about the hdmi port itself.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:54 PM   #1179
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
My friend, I also worship at the altar of rtings.com lol. And with my Samsung JU7500 last year, the settings they recommended were spot on. With this TV? I don't know how anyone can watch sports or TV shows with Color at 50. It's eye-piercing red. And that's with calibrating the color to their specifications. So I started with their settings as a base and worked my way on from there. My Color is somewhere in the 30's for watching sports and TV but default 50 for games. I also completely disagree with them that there's no difference in Sharpness at 50 (play an Xbox One game, which are mostly at 720p, and tell me it doesn't look better with Sharpness around 25).

I did try Live Color on, at all ranges of HDR Intensity. 0, 25, 50 and 100. The colours pop but you lose the gradient in the colours. I'd rather deal with a slightly duller picture and have the colours show as many of the so-called 1.07 billion colours as possible when using a Wide Colour Gamut enabled television. I feel there's a sweet spot with all the artificial processing off and the HDR Intensity slider played around with as well as the base Contrast rating.

That's obviously my personal opinion. If you're enjoying HDR with Live Color on, I think you should keep using it and enjoying the heck out of it like you are. I'm going to continue on this crusade to get HDR working properly on this set because it works like a charm with other games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I play in a very dark room and that is how their settings are calibrated. I wouldn't dare watch anything with color at 30 myself as it's really dull to me. If you play in a lit room with high brightness, that could be a big difference. I watch with brightness at 1 like they recommend.

This all goes back to ones perception of what looks good. Haha. Keep in mind this slider is weird. So 20 clicks could be a lot different than 25. Never know.

I might try to turn it all off and play around with it too because trust me, id really love to turn live color off.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 04-03-2017 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:23 PM   #1180
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I play in a very dark room and that is how their settings are calibrated. I wouldn't dare watch anything with color at 30 myself as it's really dull to me. If you play in a lit room with high brightness, that could be a big difference. I watch with brightness at 1 like they recommend.

This all goes back to ones perception of what looks good. Haha. Keep in mind this slider is weird. So 20 clicks could be a lot different than 25. Never know.

I might try to turn it all off and play around with it too because trust me, id really love to turn live color off.

I keep my brightness at 1 as well for watching TV and sports. I just found the red to be so overpowering on 50 that I put it at 34 or 35.

I hope you're able to find settings for The Show with HDR without processing. I saw your pics a few pages back and to me, the colours are a little in the oversaturated side if things. Not by very much at all though. I just found the loss of detail in the colours themselves a bit much to give up.

These games should all come with a calibration tool.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #1181
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
So there has to be some serious bugs going on with HDR.. obviously the in game settings screw it up... but now my HDR isn't even working. I went from having gorgeous colors and lighting to just bland. Like not even washed out.

So I went out of game and changed intensity slider to half way to see if it would wash out colors as before, looked exact same as my 20 clicks. So I maxed it out, looks exact same.

If it was working, it would wash out my colors again, but nothing is happening. This is aggravating as hell. I've restarted the game. Restarted the console and my tv even shows 4K HDR running.

Turn on hdr in your tv settings. Mine will not work on auto. I have the sony too.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2017, 07:15 PM   #1182
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
Turn on hdr in your tv settings. Mine will not work on auto. I have the sony too.

Auto always puts it on when the game loads for me. I checked the display to make sure HDR was showing. I also did what you said and it's the same.

However, I decided, I want live color off now since we discussed it and decided to turn it off.

Raised slider to 30 and it looks better. Fenway looked awesome and seem to have the right colors finally. I am going to keep increasing the slider to see what happens.

At 30, I have color 50-55 forget which one. All the post processing off. Brightness I use 10-25 depending time of day I'm playing.

Man this game is so good looking. Oh, I did turn off HDR just to see what it looked without and the color and lightning is like night and day. HDR is such a game changer. Glad it's finally working with my default calibrated settings.

I do want to add that I do not know why the colors are not washing out like they were when I first got the game. But I did turn off HDR on TV manually and in game as well to make sure HDR was on and working previously and it definitely is.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 04-03-2017 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:21 PM   #1183
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm taking it Rtings out of my set, honest I think there ratings aren't any better then why I have by default, with the settings I used for my set makes the my games and TV washed out and a lot of pink instead of red

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 04-03-2017, 07:38 PM   #1184
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
I'm taking it Rtings out of my set, honest I think there ratings aren't any better then why I have by default, with the settings I used for my set makes the my games and TV washed out and a lot of pink instead of red
Can't use somebody else's values for your television, they will all be different. Sometimes you get to see commonalities in others though and test them to see why the effects are what they are.

If you want accurate colors, you need calibration tools period. Other things can be eyeballed pretty well and don't require too many different things to touch.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »