Home

MLB The Show 17 Supports 4K & HDR on PS4 Pro

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Supports 4K & HDR on PS4 Pro within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2017, 02:27 PM   #1497
Rookie

hb5239799's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB The Show 17 Supports 4K & HDR on PS4 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Lee Huffman
Bros,

I been trying to read all this good stuff, but can any of you fellas help me lout here?:

I got a samsung 55 ks7000. OG PS4. Game looks choppy. Got it set on HDR with intensity cranked to full.

Got the tv setting in game mode. still a little too ugly.

any help?

Thanks in advance.
Get the PS4 Pro and you won't regret it. Gamestop credited my OG PS4 ($190; may differ in other states?) towards a pro...so cost was only $200 to upgrade. With the make and model of your TV, it would benefit things to pair it with the Pro. Whatever you see on your screen with your current configuration is about as far as you are going to be able to push it.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:39 AM   #1498
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Well i did it. Got the 65 inch samsung ks8000 yesterday. What a tv. HDR is really something to behold.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:40 PM   #1499
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Well i did it. Got the 65 inch samsung ks8000 yesterday. What a tv. HDR is really something to behold.
Great minds think alike. I just got the 55 inch ks8000 yesterday myself. It is an amzing piece of hardware and I haven't even got it setup yet. It's built like a tank I'll tell you that. My LG 50" 4k with HDR-Pro feels so light and toyish now. Plus it only had an 8bit panel so while it could accept HDR, apparently can't really display it completely.

So......I fired it up on my lunch break and it is working but man the setup was a pain. It kept prompting me for my Charter cable settings and all I had hooked up was my PS4 Pro. It would not allow me to skip this long process of trying to detect my cable box and automatically change channels and such. I am sure these could be great features but I was looking to fire the TV up and be at the PS4 screen within a minute or two. This was like setting up a new phone....wanted my Samsung account and my zip code. I should have taken some time off!!!

Anyway.....I'm sure I will find it eventually but how do I change the input to accept HDR?? Currently my PS4 PRO says it is not supported but I seem to recall there is some "deep color mode" or something that has to be enabled. Any help real quick?

Thanks. I really haven't gotten to see real "HDR" yet so I am looking forward to tonight when I get home.

Last edited by icicle22; 05-05-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:04 PM   #1500
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have an oled now but I've had Samsungs in the past. Something called uhd hdmi color needs to be turned on most likely. Somewhere in the settings you should find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2017, 05:50 PM   #1501
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Great minds think alike. I just got the 55 inch ks8000 yesterday myself. It is an amzing piece of hardware and I haven't even got it setup yet. It's built like a tank I'll tell you that. My LG 50" 4k with HDR-Pro feels so light and toyish now. Plus it only had an 8bit panel so while it could accept HDR, apparently can't really display it completely.

So......I fired it up on my lunch break and it is working but man the setup was a pain. It kept prompting me for my Charter cable settings and all I had hooked up was my PS4 Pro. It would not allow me to skip this long process of trying to detect my cable box and automatically change channels and such. I am sure these could be great features but I was looking to fire the TV up and be at the PS4 screen within a minute or two. This was like setting up a new phone....wanted my Samsung account and my zip code. I should have taken some time off!!!

Anyway.....I'm sure I will find it eventually but how do I change the input to accept HDR?? Currently my PS4 PRO says it is not supported but I seem to recall there is some "deep color mode" or something that has to be enabled. Any help real quick?

Thanks. I really haven't gotten to see real "HDR" yet so I am looking forward to tonight when I get home.
Im at work but you have to turn on uhd color for the hdmi port that the ps4 is plugged into. Its in the picture settings somewhere
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2017, 08:35 PM   #1502
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Im at work but you have to turn on uhd color for the hdmi port that the ps4 is plugged into. Its in the picture settings somewhere

This is correct.

Picture settings > expert settings > hdmi uhd color.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:10 AM   #1503
Banned

OVR: 21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rMo...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-06-2017, 03:51 PM   #1504
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Is it just me or from the last patch they made batting helmets matte finish now instead of the shiny finish? Presumably this was their method of addressing the halo shine effect from the shiny batting helmets during night games in HDR mode?

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »