Home

Top 10 Players at Each Position in MLB The Show 17

This is a discussion on Top 10 Players at Each Position in MLB The Show 17 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Top 10 Players at Each Position in MLB The Show 17

Why do you think Ramone didn't want to show Trout or Kershaw? Possible that another baseball game is in the works from another studio with Kershaw and Trout signed up as the faces? Seemed very odd that he said they couldn't show them and also couldn't say why he couldn't show them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2017, 12:28 PM   #42
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero84
Why do you think Ramone didn't want to show Trout or Kershaw? Possible that another baseball game is in the works from another studio with Kershaw and Trout signed up as the faces? Seemed very odd that he said they couldn't show them and also couldn't say why he couldn't show them.
Wouldn't be surprised if they promised a company that they would "reveal" their stats exclusively on their site or video or something. Like how the Braves are in charge of revealing SunTrust Park on the game. Just a guess though
Old 03-17-2017, 12:29 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 2

I play with the Rockies in MLB The Show and I don't have any complaints about Nolan Arenado's offensive contributions in this game. He and Charlie Blackmon are my top offensive contributors. Presently in a spoofed Spring Training I have going using MLB 16 and a modified 2017 OSFM roster set, Blackmon leads the team in batting average hitting over 400, but Arenado leads the team in HRs, RBIs and slugging percentage. However with that said, Arenado's fielding capabilities are a million times better in the real world than he is in this game. In this game he is really not that special. In the real world you watch Arenado do things in the field that makes you say to yourself "Did he just do that? How in the world did he just pull that off? Is this guy human?". Yet in this game, at least once every second or third MLB The Show game, he simply cannot handle balls hit at him and he is committing some sort of fielding or throwing error. I am sure the same can be said for Bryant, Donaldson and Machado in the game as well. I am sure they too are much better in the real world than they are in this game. But because I play with the Rockies, I notice Arenado's average fielding play more than these other guys. It's frustrating knowing that in the real world the guy is magical, but in the game he really no different than any other player playing the 3B position. I guess there is only so much the game can do. It's not like they have any "mind boggling animations" built into the game where one fielder stands out above all the others.

With all that said though, I am optimistic that the new human AI throwing changes will help a little as long as infield hits are not eliminated from the game, and I do like this trend where the overalls are coming down across the league meaning we might actually see the players with 90+ rating shine above others? It definitely won't be perfect, I am sure the game will have some warts. But I am looking forward to playing the new and improved MLB The Show 17 game. It will be the best baseball game we have ever seen. Until of course MLB The Show 18 is released.

Last edited by My993C2; 03-17-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:47 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Wouldn't be surprised if they promised a company that they would "reveal" their stats exclusively on their site or video or something. Like how the Braves are in charge of revealing SunTrust Park on the game. Just a guess though
Yeah that could be it I suppose.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:47 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Kershaw has been shown and has scan. Trout does not have a face scan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2017, 01:07 PM   #46
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
Kershaw has been shown and has scan. Trout does not have a face scan
I don't believe this is an accurate statement.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I don't believe this is an accurate statement.
Pretty sure it is.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:21 PM   #48
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero84
Pretty sure it is.
Ramone asked Lorne about Trout's facescan during the stream... Did Lorne respond?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »