Home

MLB The Show 17 Video - SunTrust Park

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Video - SunTrust Park within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2017, 11:53 PM   #33
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB The Show 17 Video - SunTrust Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBraves22
Now I've realized the warning track is the wrong color lol
Lol. I keeping looking at it finding the inaccuracies. This is year one and it looks fantastic. All little things will be added and fixed as time goes. I need to stop.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:54 PM   #34
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBravesx
I'll be at the entire first series against the Padres at SunTrust when the Braves open up the new ballpark...I can't even begin to express how amazing this experience is going to be with my son. Not too often you get to be at the official inaugural season opener! Tickets will be framed for sure.

In saying this, I'm interested to see how close The Show's rendering will be to the actual park. I'll be taking plenty of pictures.
I'd say this is a fair comparison:

There are lots of little things here and there to change, mostly outside of the park... but a lot of it is pretty accurate. Like I said, another year with the actual park out and I think we'll see the changes take effect.

We're definitely going to have to stockpile the stadium wishlist thread though lol!

EDIT: LOL, I just noticed the giant *** dalmatian has made a return!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 03-22-2017 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:56 PM   #35
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Lol. I keeping looking at it finding the inaccuracies. This is year one and it looks fantastic. All little things will be added and fixed as time goes. I need to stop.

Ramone was showing the stadium on a twitch stream. Some of the inaccuracies like the yellow line have been fixed. the video was unfinished footage just like the rest of the trailers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2017, 11:59 PM   #36
Go Braves!!

AtlantaBraves22's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Ramone was showing the stadium on a twitch stream. Some of the inaccuracies like the yellow line have been fixed. the video was unfinished footage just like the rest of the trailers
Yea I saw! Looked great overall

PSN: AlabamaRollTide8 (Add me if your a braves fan, or Alabama Fan!)
Old 03-23-2017, 12:01 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'd say this is a fair comparison:

There are lots of little things here and there to change, mostly outside of the park... but a lot of it is pretty accurate. Like I said, another year with the actual park out and I think we'll see the changes take effect.

We're definitely going to have to stockpile the stadium wishlist thread though lol!
Totally agree with you. Considering it is year 1, they have done a great job getting it as close as it is. Next year's updates will be even better.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:57 AM   #38
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I thought they weren't showing it until the Braves unveiled it or showed it for themselves, or what have you. Have there been new shots of the actual park with the padded walls up? I've been looking every day and haven't found anything.

This is just one of those parks that will probably get better with age in this game, as more things are finetuned to the actual stadium (down to the bluish glass reflections off the RF hotel, etc.). Probably going to play a franchise with them.
*Technically* speaking, the Braves did show it off first. They just used footage from The Show.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:12 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0
First thing I noticed, also on the latest Twitch stream, was that the new grass tech Ramone was talking about a lot in earlier streams, seemed absent in SunTrust as well as in the Old Florida Marlins ballparks..I hope I am wrong though. Grass like in PNC Park really looked awful in all previous The Shows imho.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:06 AM   #40
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
OH man Colon looks gloriously fat! I love it cant wait

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »