Home

MLB The Show 17 Video - SunTrust Park

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Video - SunTrust Park within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2017, 06:58 AM   #57
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Video - SunTrust Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
Bolded for truth. The Ted was in a pretty rough part of town. There were only 2 hotel options within "safe" walking distance from the stadium and they were both pretty horrible (I stayed in both). Still better than trying to fight traffic though.

I'm glad they moved looks like it'll be much nicer. Brand new Omni hotel going in with a bunch of good places to eat. I'm excited to make the trip down from Charlotte now.

Funny. All the times I've been there I've never felt like that was a bad part of town?

I must be more naive that I though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2017, 09:40 AM   #58
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
Funny. All the times I've been there I've never felt like that was a bad part of town?

I must be more naive that I though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its not just naked. Nothing around. When we were winning all those division titles it was just fine.
The state capitol is less than 0.5 mile away. The world famous Zoo Atlanta is a 1 mile away.
It look great in the video. Is one of the reasons why I'm purchasing 17'. Not to be lost, in all this thank you SDS for a great job.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:15 AM   #59
Rookie

Beasnizzle99's Arena

OVR: 1

off topic, but in 1992 my parents and I went to a Braves game at the old Fulton County Stadium, we broke down, pushed the car into a bar parking lot, the cop told us to leave the windows down or they would probaby be broken by morning.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:48 AM   #60
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasnizzle99
off topic, but in 1992 my parents and I went to a Braves game at the old Fulton County Stadium, we broke down, pushed the car into a bar parking lot, the cop told us to leave the windows down or they would probaby be broken by morning.
To be honest that's not unusual to happen in any big city. A vehicle left in bar parking lot after hours & the officer was wrong for saying it.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:28 PM   #61
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Arbuckle
Not a Braves fan myself (far from it lol) but I too am not very impressed by the Braves moving out of a former Olympic stadium after just two decades. I'm also a city guy and feel that ballparks work best in an urban setting so the move out to the suburbs rubs me the wrong way too. I'd have preferred they spruced up Turner and made an effort to take part in improving the surrounding blocks (apparently that element has been singled out for having depressed turnout).

All that said, the new park doesn't look bad in these latest reveals. I was extremely underwhelmed by the first set of designs shown to the public though so maybe it's just a matter of exceeding lowered expectations. Still, the Show video and actual photos I've seen make it look somewhat intimate, I like how they've used red brick inside (reminds be a bit of Comerica) and they did a good job of simulating an urban backdrop by the developing the area beyond the outfield. I'm looking forward to playing in it.
Atlanta city politics didn't allow this. The team tried to get some kind control of the surrounding area but it just didn't happen.

Another thing to remember regarding ball parks being in the urban areas is that Atlanta has a lot more sprawl than most large cities (a 2014 report ranked us #2). The city proper has a relatively small population, but the surrounding counties have a lot. So, on top of the area just in general not being very desirable, the majority of fans had to travel a decent distance to get to the games. The new park is located much closer to the more dense popular ticket buyers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2017, 05:45 PM   #62
*p*r*t**n Sp*rts J*nk**

snaz16's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBraves22
I'm going to the opening series too !! I've been looking forward to this for 3 years! Gonna be amazing
Enjoy gents. I got to the inagural game at Marlins Park in 2012. Quite an experience. Will be at Sun Trust on May22 vs. the Pirates. With this trip and last years to Target Field, I will have been to every current ML park. (And know 9 former parks.10 if I count an Eagles concert in Three Rivers in 1974 Now its onto picking off some southern minor league parks.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:25 PM   #63
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
Amazes me how they try to blame the decreasing fan turnout on everything but the crap product they're putting on the field. I would have liked for them to do more to build up the area around the stadium, but I don't blame the City of Atlanta one bit for not going along with that stadium deal.
They placed first in their division like what, 15 years in a row (minus the strike season)? I know WS titles didn't exactly happen for them, but I'd say that is a consistently solid product that deserved more than only 20,000 fans a game, with some major sellable stars on their field no less.

As for the game's version, it definitely is missing some things beyond the stadium that give it a little bit of that barren appearance, so hopefully next year it will fill out more. I still think the placement of the stadium's scoreboards are too high (not in the game, in real life), unless something fills out the space underneath them at some point.

I did happen to see the ball "fly through" the 1B foul line stands (in Millennium's stream) the way that it used to sometimes in Washington's stadium down the 3B line, so some collision detection has to be addressed as well. However, it was nice to see how playful that mammoth blast he hit by Freeman was with the park's overall structure. Definitely starting with HRD there.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »