Home

Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2017, 01:20 PM   #73
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread

Is Pave your Path like 2k, where they'll force you to play badly for certain cutscenes to make sense?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-29-2017, 01:37 PM   #74
Rookie

Just got the game. Will most likely create a 2nd Baseman modeled after Brandon Phillips. Will also create a starting pitcher sometime in the future.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:52 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

One more question on settings: what do yall use for umpire settings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 02:04 PM   #76
Pro

stevostl's Arena

I just started this mode for the first time ever last night because I can't connect to anything online in the show yet since I have had the game.

I'm a SS ... I got drafted late 2nd round to the nationals. I'm tearing it up in minors now but I 'm going to try to get traded or wish to land on the Cardinals somehow in the future.

so far I have disabled all the show time slow mo crap... don't like that. that's the only setting I changed and I switch baserunning to buttons

and I kept it at beginner at first for my first 25 games to get use to it and up my attributes faster. I'm now batting over .500 and going to switch it dynamic difficulty

mode is kind of addicting. In a way i'm kind of glad the servers are not working for MLB because I honestly would of never touched RTTS probably. what makes this mode addicting to me is how fast you can get games in with the settings and basically upping your attributes... a long with developing to major leaguer... but really upping your attributes and cutomizing your own guy is awesome

I'm going to look at this thread to see what others uses for other user settings

Last edited by stevostl; 03-29-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:53 PM   #77
Rookie

Created my RTTS player yesterday. SS just like last year.
Then I come in here and read that everybody is a SS...what the heck? :-)

Is there a reason behind this? Other than what I think that it's the most dynamic position with plenty of playing time. My first year I tried out LF and 3B , but found both very repetitive and boring.

Luckily, I got drafted by Pirates (probably my least liked team of all), so I think I'll just restart and try to be a pitcher this year, never even attempted it before.
I just don't want to be like all you guys :-P
Old 03-29-2017, 03:00 PM   #78
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
Nice....very nice. Your guy was busting it from the start and good thing the
throw home was off target.

Enjoyed your video.
Thanks.. Usually when I get those it's double or triple with some errors thrown in. My first true inside the park HR. I was relying on that off target throw - would have been close otherwise..

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 03-29-2017, 03:05 PM   #79
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelch
Created my RTTS player yesterday. SS just like last year.
Then I come in here and read that everybody is a SS...what the heck? :-)

Is there a reason behind this? Other than what I think that it's the most dynamic position with plenty of playing time. My first year I tried out LF and 3B , but found both very repetitive and boring.

Luckily, I got drafted by Pirates (probably my least liked team of all), so I think I'll just restart and try to be a pitcher this year, never even attempted it before.
I just don't want to be like all you guys :-P
No kidding, right? I was going to be a 2B as usually but switched to SS last minute. So many shortstops.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 03-29-2017, 03:05 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 2

I usually always make a right fielder but this year I went with a Center fielder.I didn't do to well in the showcase game and was drafted in the 4th round by the Twins.

Early in the double AA season the manager asked me to move to left field from center field and I agreed and never looked back.

I was determined to make teams pay for passing me up in the early rounds.
I was batting .426 /23 HRs /76 RBIs /10 Sbs /53 Games in ( 78 Overall ) [Zone hitting - AS]

After those 53 Games I met with my manager thinking I was going to get called up to AAA but to my surprise he hit me with the "No kid you're not going to AAA you're going straight to the show!"

After 13 games in my Batting Avg is .250 / 3 Hrs /7 RBIs
I feel like I will be getting that call to be sent down some time soon lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17636779_409981032695274_6637851089255538659_o.jpg (162.3 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by slice21; 03-29-2017 at 09:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »