Home

Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2017, 06:26 PM   #89
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkel
If you use your MLB 16 RTTS player, does the equipment carry over into MLB 17 or just the attributes of the player?
The equipment you have on your RTTS player moves over but that is all, I have my cleats, glove , batting gloves from 16 but when I went in to check the only equipment I have for 17 is the ones I either purchased from the online market or from packs I got with my MVP edition. I think if you remove them you won't get them back, just my opinion.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 03-29-2017, 06:29 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 0

Here is my Lefty Starting Pitcher: Jon Simmons #39

Pitch Repertoire: 2-Seam (90 MPH) Slider (84 MPH) Vulcanchange (82 MPH) 4-Seam (91 MPH)

Showcase Game #1: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 1 SO

Showcase Game #2: 3.0 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 3 SO

Drafted By Texas Rangers (3rd Round, 29th Pick). Decided to sign so i will be starting my career 5th in the Pitching Rotation for the Frisco RoughRiders.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:32 PM   #91
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Just imported my save from 16. After first game manager brings me in to talk about my base stealing. Just reminding me to pick and choose my spots when i steal. Not removing green light or anything. Pretty neat.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 06:36 PM   #92
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

I will be updating regularly once OSFM drops, but I am having a heck of a time with my time filler CF so thought I would share!

Tanner Allen - L/R - CF - Speed/Contact/Power - Bad Fielding - 17th overall pick in the draft

I opened up this RTTS having a blast going 5/8 in the showcases, but all three of my ours were via K, and zero home runs.

Ended up to the Astros at 17th overall.

Started out as the 9 hitter, and DH. Worked myself up to the 5th spot before being approached to change to LF. I was hesitant because I wasn't even given a chance to play CF, but in the end caved. 4 errors in two games...Coach calls me in, and told me not to worry about it. Since then I am the lead off hitter and DH for the AA Astros who are in a massive 12 games winning streak, and lead the division by 3 1/2 nearing the All-Star Break.

I am hoping for a AAA promotion before the season ends, because my numbers are quite amazing. .387 AVG/.422 OBP and 19 home runs to tag along 61 RBI's. One grand slam, and twice a single away from the cycle. Dynamic Difficulty has me at Legend+ for hitting...Has dropped my average a good chunk at first, but I have adjusted.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:25 PM   #93
sr1
Rookie

I didn't play MLB last year after playing for 5 years prior. I'm not seeing 3 things from RTTS that i used to see - were they removed?

1. ability to ask for a trade
2. hitting and fielding training exercises on off days - used to love those - i'm june and haven't seen 1
3. getting training points for steals and fielding even if you're not doing those yourself. if i do the fielding for my player i get training points - you used to get them even if fielding was autosimmed

are these all gone?
Old 03-29-2017, 08:57 PM   #94
Rookie

brandonholmes's Arena

After seeing in this thread that you can go to junior college for a year and then pick the team that drafts you, I decided to retry my SS to end up with the Blue Jays. It's actually kind of perfect for a realism junkie like me to be starting AA ball at 19, since the game normally puts you in the 2017 draft but has you play a whole summer of AA ball in 2017, which is obviously impossible. Instead, I'm imagining I came out of the 2016 draft, played my rookie league stint, and I'm starting my first full pro season in AA with the New Hampshire Fisher Cats.

I'm interested to see what happens with the Jays, with Tulo at SS and JD at 3B (my secondary position). Both guys have secondary positions (Tulo can play 2B and 3B, JD can play 1B), so if I come up through the minors quick there could be an interesting position battle, so long as the computer doesn't try to Trea Turner me instead.

I'll probably still play my Pirates 3B from time to time, but I really wanted the Jays this year. Ironic, since in past iterations I haven't really cared, playing for the Rangers in 15, the Phillies last year, but the minute they take the feature away I'm clamoring to play for my own team. Likely because of all the prospects we have coming up that I like alot. Stoked to see if Vlad Jr, Bo Bichette and myself can make a run at a World Series with Sanchez and Stroman headlining our rotation.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:37 PM   #95
Banned

is there still a way to request a trade? I can't find it anywhere and don't wanna be on the Mariners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 12:46 AM   #96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanning2
Can confirm you can pick your team if you go back to college and play both scout days lol

How did you get that option? I went back to college, did the scout day, played both games and then straight to the draft again. I've tried it multiple times and I still don't see that option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »