Home

Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2017, 04:31 AM   #433
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread

Playing as a RF in the Brewers organization.

I've never slumped this bad...after going to Triple A midway through season 1 and started of well. Started slumping...badly and finished the season in Triple A hitting .268, 10 HR, 41 RBI, .773 OPS.

In the offseason the Brewers got rid of their MLB starter at RF and offered me a contract to be the RF starter. Great, I signed for 7 years...for some reason my mind left me and thought I needed 7 years of MLB service and not 6 before being eligible for free agency. Anyways signed a 7 year contract at a total contract cost of 3.5 million.

So spring training started and the slump continued...2 weeks before opening day I was hitting .206 and was just negative.

So I went to batting practice, played around with cameras and nothing worked. Eventually reverted back to the camera I usually use and just concentrated super hard, being super patient and trying to only swing at stuff right down the middle.

Finished spring training at .263, 2 HR, 6 RBI, .683 OPS.

Making my official Brewers debut tonight! Wish they could trade me but the way I've been batting lately there is no chance anyone will be interested.

These clowns managed to trade Braun to the Reds for who knows what...pity we don't get notifications on trades anymore. Anyways our roster sucks and I'm expecting to end dead last in the coming season.

Last edited by R9NALD9; 04-21-2017 at 04:36 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:23 AM   #434
Rookie

OVR: 0

I finished the 2018 season as a 3B with Boston (started at 2B). The Red Sox played very well for the first half of the season but everything fell apart in the second half. They traded Dustin Pedroia for Carlos Carrasco (not sure if there was more to the trade as you no longer get transaction notifications for some dumb reason). The pitching staff should be one of the best in the league but it seemed like we were playing from behind most games in the second half. With 6 games left Boston was 3 games out behind the Yankees and Tampa with a 3 game home series with each. We passed the Yanks and were 2 behind Tampa with 3 games left. You can probably guess what happened. We lost the AL East by 1 game. To add insult to injury, the Rays won the World Series. I hit .280 and had 19 stolen bases as a bench player.

At the start of 2019, I'm on the bench again. It's tough to earn a lot of training points from the bench. On paper, Boston should be one of the best teams in the league. I hope the pitching comes through this year. I noticed that the manager is a different guy now so I guess John Farrell was fired. That made me happy as I was not happy at missing the postseason. If the managers change in RTTS it would be nice to get some kind of notification.

I like that salaries seem more realistic. In past games, you could get a huge raise when you were still under team control which didn't make a lot of sense. Boston offered $544k for one year which seems realistic for a young versatile infielder that's a better defender than hitter.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:23 AM   #435
Rookie

Started brand new in this year's game with the created player D.J. Reynolds. I started him out as a SS with the ability to play 3B and 2B as secondary positions. So basically a utility infielder.

D.J. Reynolds was drafted in the 2nd round straight out of high school by the Milwaukee Brewers organization. D.J. would start at AA Biloxi and played well early on. His first hit came in his AA debut on opening day and his first home run was recorded 10 games in. D.J. caught fire in May, tearing through the month, including a 27 game hitting streak. In the middle of May, Reynolds was asked to move from SS to 3B as his primary position, better positioning himself as far as major league aspirations are concerned. With Orlando Arcia making himself the man of the future in the Brewers' organization, this move made a lot of sense for Reynolds, now only Travis Shaw blocking his path.

D.J. was selected to the AA All Star Game and has continued to hit the ball well.

His stats through July 17th, all with AA Biloxi:

Profile Card - D.J. Reynolds
/forums/D.J. Reynolds | 3B/SS
Biloxi Shuckers
Height: 5\'8Bats/Throws: S/R
Weight: 164Age: 18 years old
SeasonGABAVGR2B3BHRRBISBOBP
Last 10ABHRRBIHRSOSBAEPO
7/164300000400
7/153101000101
7/134211000200
7/123110001100
7/114310001200
7/104101000200
7/91000010000
7/84100000201
7/73214000001
7/63000010000

EDIT: Right as I had made this post, D.J. got the call up to the Brewers' AAA affiliate Colorado Springs Sky Sox.

Last edited by GBR203; 04-21-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2017, 10:33 AM   #436
Rookie

My fielder is always a utility infielder. I'm not crazy about the hot corner but being versatile results in more playing time when you're still trying to work your way into a starting job.

Do you guys think there's any chance they return the transaction notifications and the ability to initiate interactions via a patch or do we just have to wait until next year?
Old 04-21-2017, 10:35 AM   #437
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

I was pretty excited for my first baseman RTTS this year, and I was drafted by the Cubs in the second round, right after my first attempt of the Showcase!

Managed to play well for the Tennessee Smokies, earning a trip to the Double-A All-Star Game, as well as a call-up to Iowa in early July.

Then, I got the dreaded call into the manager's office. I had been traded.

I was sent off to the Athletics organization, and am now DH-ing for the Nashville Sounds in Triple-A.

I reacted accordingly, responding to my coaches and agent with a bit of frustration that my favorite club had sent me packing. I am interested to see how things play out based on those conversations.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #438
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

The retirement year in this game was really cool, and fun to be a part of. Everyone saying how they will miss my 45 year old dude.

Mainly simmed, actually played ~30 games a season. Had a 27 year career.

1,031 HR - 4,329 hits - also broke the runs scored and RBI records and won 13 consecutive MVP's.

Never used "steroids" just over time became awesome...because it didn't start that way haha.

Drafted 3rd round by the Royals, lit up AA and AAA. After 8 games of not playing in MLB at 19 years old I got dealt to the Orioles.

With the Orioles I spent 3 seasons on the bench there where my first two years I just didn't get enough at bats for it to matter. I ask my agent to get me the heck out of there...and 3 years later I find myself in Philly.

Two and a half years of dominance out in Philadelphia with two runner up MVP seasons had me geared up for a good free agency.

Phillies decided I was too expensive I guess and did not send an offer my way...so I signed a year 45 million dollar deal with the Angels. Year one hit 51 home runs and captured my first MVP. During the offseason, get dealt to the Giants...

Decide to make best with this, as the Giants are a playoff team. Well shoot in two years I was amazing and the Giants were not haha. Back to back 40+ home run seasons and free agency comes. I decide to give the Giants a shot to re-sign me but did not want me for anything less than 9 years, so I said screw off and returned to Philly on a one year deal.

Back in Philly hit out 47 home runs, somehow did not capture MVP.

Now free agency again...Wonder where I am going...would be smart to stay in Philly...they don't offer me a contract...

5 years $100 million dollars later the beard is gone and I am wearing pinstripes in New York...yuck. 5 consecutive MVP seasons, a ring, and 3 consecutive 50+ home run seasons.

Phillies finally offer me a contract! Sign a 4 year deal there. Win two rings and 4 more MVP's.

One year to Cleveland, one year to Angels, one year to the Royals, three years to the Astros with MVP's. In 4 years of those 6.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2017, 01:21 PM   #439
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
The retirement year in this game was really cool, and fun to be a part of. Everyone saying how they will miss my 45 year old dude.

Mainly simmed, actually played ~30 games a season. Had a 27 year career.

1,031 HR - 4,329 hits - also broke the runs scored and RBI records and won 13 consecutive MVP's.

Never used "steroids" just over time became awesome...because it didn't start that way haha.

Drafted 3rd round by the Royals, lit up AA and AAA. After 8 games of not playing in MLB at 19 years old I got dealt to the Orioles.

With the Orioles I spent 3 seasons on the bench there where my first two years I just didn't get enough at bats for it to matter. I ask my agent to get me the heck out of there...and 3 years later I find myself in Philly.

Two and a half years of dominance out in Philadelphia with two runner up MVP seasons had me geared up for a good free agency.

Phillies decided I was too expensive I guess and did not send an offer my way...so I signed a year 45 million dollar deal with the Angels. Year one hit 51 home runs and captured my first MVP. During the offseason, get dealt to the Giants...

Decide to make best with this, as the Giants are a playoff team. Well shoot in two years I was amazing and the Giants were not haha. Back to back 40+ home run seasons and free agency comes. I decide to give the Giants a shot to re-sign me but did not want me for anything less than 9 years, so I said screw off and returned to Philly on a one year deal.

Back in Philly hit out 47 home runs, somehow did not capture MVP.

Now free agency again...Wonder where I am going...would be smart to stay in Philly...they don't offer me a contract...

5 years $100 million dollars later the beard is gone and I am wearing pinstripes in New York...yuck. 5 consecutive MVP seasons, a ring, and 3 consecutive 50+ home run seasons.

Phillies finally offer me a contract! Sign a 4 year deal there. Win two rings and 4 more MVP's.

One year to Cleveland, one year to Angels, one year to the Royals, three years to the Astros with MVP's. In 4 years of those 6.

You did all that in 17, or carried over?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-21-2017, 02:37 PM   #440
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
You did all that in 17, or carried over?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
All in 17...wife had a busy week, and spent most of the time with her pregnant sister, and took our son with her.

Meant lots of gaming time for this guy. I did this in about 3 weeks I think. Just around 30 games a season, and games that I can reach a milestone.

Going to start up a closing pitcher next, and play every game of his career since it will fly by regardless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »