Home

Anyone else playing with "bad" players to get ready for conquest

This is a discussion on Anyone else playing with "bad" players to get ready for conquest within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2017, 10:35 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Anyone else playing with "bad" players to get ready for conquest

So, is anyone else playing with "bad" players to get ready for the new conquest on 17 (when most of us won't have stacked teams). I have been playing a ton of games vs cpu on all-star with a relatively poor team lately (last 2 weeks) to practice (and complete the various command missions I hadn't done). My rotation is all silver and my lineup has only 3 "studs" in it (everything else is silver). Still winning about 80-90%, but that is on 9 inning games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2017, 10:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Anyone else playing with "bad" players to get ready for conquest

I actually enjoy playing offline with solid teams but more like mlb teams. I'm ready to go for that.

I wish there was a mode in Diamond dynasty that you had a team skill cap of say 85 or something that you could play. Then it wouldn't always be the same team over and over again with teams that are all diamonds.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2017, 10:57 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan99
I actually enjoy playing offline with solid teams but more like mlb teams. I'm ready to go for that.

I wish there was a mode in Diamond dynasty that you had a team skill cap of say 85 or something that you could play. Then it wouldn't always be the same team over and over again with teams that are all diamonds.

H2H will take team overall in to account when matchmaking and Events will have team rating caps. So should be a lot more varied.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:58 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bochdew
H2H will take team overall in to account when matchmaking and Events will have team rating caps. So should be a lot more varied.
Which I'm looking forward to but it's still only a factor in doing so.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:22 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bochdew
Right, but unless they change how ratings work, the 3 inning format means everyone will just run with crappy rotations and go right to the pen to save on rating points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2017, 12:20 PM   #6
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

What's the best strategy for conquest ?? Last year took me forever to complete and I never played risk as a kid . But I plan on hitting Conquest hard Tuesday when the game drops .

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 03-24-2017, 01:26 PM   #7
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElroyJetson
What's the best strategy for conquest ?? Last year took me forever to complete and I never played risk as a kid . But I plan on hitting Conquest hard Tuesday when the game drops .

More territory equals more reinforcements, so start by just expanding your territory as quickly as possible in unclaimed areas, instead of picking fights. Once you have a nice big area, you can attack the nearest, smallest "enemy base" and take them out, then just keep doing what you were doing.

Also it's infinitely quicker to just sim non-base fights as otherwise it will take you a loooong time. Realistically you can win the entire thing by only playing 30 games, by just getting a lot of territories and bulldozing everyone with a huge "army".
Old 03-24-2017, 01:57 PM   #8
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
More territory equals more reinforcements, so start by just expanding your territory as quickly as possible in unclaimed areas, instead of picking fights. Once you have a nice big area, you can attack the nearest, smallest "enemy base" and take them out, then just keep doing what you were doing.

Also it's infinitely quicker to just sim non-base fights as otherwise it will take you a loooong time. Realistically you can win the entire thing by only playing 30 games, by just getting a lot of territories and bulldozing everyone with a huge "army".

Sweet thank you very much. I'm copying and pasting your exact quote into my notes .

Minnesota Vikings
JetLife

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »