Home

G'Mo's Custom REAL LIFE Camera *2017*

This is a discussion on G'Mo's Custom REAL LIFE Camera *2017* within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2017, 10:04 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
G'Mo's Custom REAL LIFE Camera *2017*

What's up fellas... I'm back with my "Real Life" custom camera that was very popular 4 and 5 years ago. So popular that Russell and SCEA recreated a similar camera in MLB 13 which is now called Strike Zone. I admire the makers trying to attempt it and many competitive gamers use it today, however it's not exactly like my version. So I worked on getting the camera back to the way it was years ago, and it looks and feels great!

Just a selling point to those who are new to the camera. Play a game or two with it and you will love the way the camera feels. Once you hit a ball over the fence or rip an opposite field shot into the gap, you will love how this custom camera makes you feel like you're hitting and playing real baseball. If you like strike zone now, you will like this offset and high verison of strike zone.

The instructions how to recreate it are below.

G'MO REAL LIFE CAMERA 2017

What does the camera allow you to do better?

1) My custom camera is zoomed all the way to allow you to see the baseball better. I'm talking about you can see the baseball a lot better. I promise you will find yourself more dialed in than ever!

2) You will find yourself being more patient and taking more pitches. Because the camera is zoomed to the max; the strike zone is a lot bigger on your screen. Conversely the area outside the strike zone is a lot smaller! If you get a pitch that misses far from the strike zone, it will be off the damn screen. So naturally you won't swing at that cheese. Get a fastball that is high? You will feel that pitch at the top of your TV screen and feel like its going to hit you in the face... You won't swing rather you will be thinking the ball is coming through your TV

3) Finally stop pulling everything and hit the ball the other way like good hitters do. You have to trust me on this one. When you play, I feel like my timing is so natural. When I am looking for an offspead pitch and I get a fastball on the outside part of the plate, my split second reaction results in more inside out hits to the opposite field. I've hit some opposite field homeruns this way too. You feel like you have control to read and react accordingly, even when your late on the outside part of the plate. Even you aren't an analog user, use it! I highly recommend it. It's easy to control, get your timing, and even check with with it! Just try it out for a few games.

------------------------

Here are the instructions on how to make the camera

1) Go to the batting practice mode
2) Pick Cardinals Jedd Gyorko as your batter
3) Pick Corey Kluber from the Indians as the pitcher
4) Pick the the Cardinals Stadium as your stadium
5) Once your into practice - go to your custom camera's
6) Use L1/R1 to get to the STRIKE ZONE Preset (it should look like this)

7) Hold the Right Stick to the up so the camera goes all the way up:

8) Move the Right Stick to the left so that Jed's left elbow is aligned on the mowed grass line like indicated below:

And that's it... Remember to use Jed as your batter. Jedd has a very bent over stance and using him will avoid clipping the view of the pitcher for all other batters.

Here's a video of me making the camera as well:

Let me know how it works out for you guys! I'll give you continued feedback as well!

Last edited by Geronimo22; 04-08-2017 at 05:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2017, 10:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: G'Mo's Custom REAL LIFE Camera *2017*

Nice!

I've (with some difficulty adapting it to game changes) have been using that camera up to Show 15, skipped last years entry.
Still better then any of the default options. Glad to see it return!
Old 03-24-2017, 10:17 PM   #3
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

G'Mo!!!! Ive been using your offset camera since you came out with it!

Do you have the link again tho? I lost it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-24-2017, 10:46 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
Nice!

I've (with some difficulty adapting it to game changes) have been using that camera up to Show 15, skipped last years entry.
Still better then any of the default options. Glad to see it return!
Thanks for responding. It's the motivation I need to need to re-create the camera in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
G'Mo!!!! Ive been using your offset camera since you came out with it!

Do you have the link again tho? I lost it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Operation Sports mobile app

No problem! Offset Cam was my initial favorite. Here's the link http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ra-2012-a.html
Old 03-24-2017, 10:58 PM   #5
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Awesome on of the best cameras to use for my RttS player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2017, 11:05 PM   #6
Pro

I'm just playing random play now games with the new rosters on 16 live now, if someone wants to check out the camera will look like....

I'm using zone with analog batting. I have a few pops in me, so don't judge to hard at the results lol

https://www.twitch.tv/geronimo22__
Old 04-03-2017, 09:38 AM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

Any updates? Can't hit without it!
Old 04-03-2017, 09:45 AM   #8
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

The best camera for me as of right now is the Retro camera. I will definitely be giving this a try when I get home from work. Thanks for your hard work!

PS' Has the camera not changed since 2013?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »