Home

Explain to me why the following players don't face scans for 17?

This is a discussion on Explain to me why the following players don't face scans for 17? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2017, 07:38 PM   #33
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Explain to me why the following players don't face scans for 17?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
That's not what he's saying. He was pointing out that the 8 people that work on this area have to balance doing faces, uniforms, and equipment. When you have 30 teams with a couple of uniform selections each, at least 25 players per team to work on, and equipment for those players, time becomes very precious and trying to find the "perfect" balance becomes an impossible task.

Therefore there are going to be things that don't get as much attention as maybe we as the gamers would like.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
A team of eight or not, there should be no chance some random shin guard or 3rd alternate BP jersey takes priority over building an accurate face for an MLB All Star in this game.

C'mon how many other manufacturers can charge us $60.00 to purchase their product and then claim low staff numbers when the product's accuracy or effectiveness is called into question?
Old 03-27-2017, 07:41 PM   #34
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
A team of eight or not, there should be no chance some random shin guard or 3rd alternate BP jersey takes priority over building an accurate face for an MLB All Star in this game.

C'mon how many other manufacturers can charge us $60.00 to purchase their product and then claim low staff numbers when the product's accuracy or effectiveness is called into question?

Well I tried.

Carry on.......

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-27-2017, 07:48 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by og236
Would love to have Trout on the cover of 18! Small steps first lol

All for Trout being on the cover. He's one of the few guys that got me back into baseball after the steroid nonsense.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2017, 08:14 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

I bet they could get Barry Bonds in the game now that he seems to be trying to rehabilitate his image. Heck he's even at Spring Training right now!
Old 03-27-2017, 08:32 PM   #37
Banned

Jaysguy44's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
No, it's because he hasn't been scanned.

Yes in case others were wondering coaches can get scans too. If they don't want to be scanned there's nothing SCEA can do about it.
Okay i understand Gibbons hasn't been scanned but his character looks nothing like him. I'm guessing the majority of players arent scanned but they come close to looking as real as possible. So why not Gibbons?
Old 03-27-2017, 08:53 PM   #38
Rookie

ItAllFades's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
I bet they could get Barry Bonds in the game now that he seems to be trying to rehabilitate his image. Heck he's even at Spring Training right now!
He was the Marlins hitting coach in the past (Before his Manager got him fired for being Barry)....its not like it should be surprising that he's at Spring Training.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:33 PM   #39
Rookie

Vmascarello's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
Glad Trout got it done but now I'm curious why he said no for so long and suddenly said yes. It's like I'd be more at peace if he just never agreed to it ever. This development is even more perplexing lol.
Just a guess, but I have to assume thier is money involved. Its possible with all of the additional revenue Sony San Diego has generated from DD, they came to the conclusion it was worth paying Trout's price.

I could be way off, maybe players can't even charge for face scans. It would just make sense with the timing of it happening after a huge cash flow year with MLB the Show 16.

This is also why Franchise players like myself and gamers that love other modes should be hapoy with the success of DD. Its only going to give them more resources to make the game better moving forward. And they have already proved they have the work ethic and drive to take advantage of their growing profit margins. The future of the Show looks very bright.

Last edited by Vmascarello; 03-27-2017 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:43 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysguy44
Okay i understand Gibbons hasn't been scanned but his character looks nothing like him. I'm guessing the majority of players arent scanned but they come close to looking as real as possible. So why not Gibbons?
I feel like they just don't work on coaches as intently as they work on players. I've never seen a coach that doesn't have a face scan look good in this game. Most without a face scan have actually looked atrocious and nowhere close to accurate no matter who the coach or how long he's been there. For coaches it seems to be face scan or bust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »