Home

Explain to me why the following players don't face scans for 17?

This is a discussion on Explain to me why the following players don't face scans for 17? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2017, 07:45 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Icon5 Explain to me why the following players don't face scans for 17?

Todd Frazier - this one is blowing my mind. Has been in the league since 2011. I don't understand it. 2011?! Doesn't give me much hope for the guys coming up.

José Abreu - in the league for 3 years now. Decently known name and best hitter of the White Sox

Khris Davis - Random generic face

Anthony Rendón - 3-4 years in the league as well, still has a generic ugly face.

Trout - Can't tell but I don't think his likeness overall matches up to his status as the best player. Stance, Body, Face are all a bit off.

How do players like Judge, Swanson, Orlando Arcia have such amazing faces with less than a full season but Frazier and Abreu don't? 4+ spring trainings to make it happen... is it the players fault?

Let me tell you that 99% of the face scans are superb, much better than even 2K.

But I just want a simple explanation as for why Todd Frazier still has a generic white face when he debuted in 2011.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2017, 07:49 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: Explain to me why the following players don't face scans for 17?

Players have to give their consent to have their face scanned. They aren't obligated to do it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-25-2017, 07:49 PM   #3
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by berenjena
Todd Frazier - this one is blowing my mind. Has been in the league since 2011. I don't understand it. 2011?! Doesn't give me much hope for the guys coming up.

José Abreu - in the league for 3 years now. Decently known name and best hitter of the White Sox

Khris Davis - Random generic face

Anthony Rendón - 3-4 years in the league as well, still has a generic ugly face.

Trout - Can't tell but I don't think his likeness overall matches up to his status as the best player. Stance, Body, Face are all a bit off.

How do players like Judge, Swanson, Orlando Arcia have such amazing faces with less than a full season but Frazier and Abreu don't? 4+ spring trainings to make it happen... is it the players fault?

Let me tell you that 99% of the face scans are superb, much better than even 2K.

But I just want a simple explanation as for why Todd Frazier still has a generic white face when he debuted in 2011.
Players have to consent to having their faces scanned, no consent- no scan! Period!
Old 03-25-2017, 07:50 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

It's up to the players to get a face scan. If a player doesn't have a face scan in the game then it's most likely due to the fact the player doesn't want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-25-2017, 07:56 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Thank You guys!

Now my annoyance is directed to the players I just mentioned.

Come the heck on Frazier, Abreu, Rendon?

Why would you guys say no?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2017, 08:10 PM   #6
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

Do they have generic faces?

If so, couldn't they use faces from an early game? (If they were scanned of course)

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-25-2017, 08:14 PM   #7
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

I have often wondered why some may not consent to a face scan. First of all you will be in a video game which is just cool and secondly you are going to be in the game one way or other so why not make it look as much like you as possible?
Old 03-25-2017, 08:21 PM   #8
Rookie

Moss44's Arena

Although I understand that players don't get face scans, you have to wonder why SCEA doesn't have their artists make better-than-generic faces for guys without scans, or even just make them editable kind like players that are added to the game during the season so that one of our great CAP makers can make them better. This could be impossible or way more complex than meets the eye, but just my two cents

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »