Home

MLB The Show 17 Ratings Spreadsheet

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Ratings Spreadsheet within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2017, 03:05 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Ratings Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by D13
Why would they want that? DLgs helped me a ton finding underrattd players that fit the style of team i tried to build. this will make it much harder now. wow thats disappointing.
Maybe to make it hard to have "day traders" who work the market all day and force people to the console ? You can see the margins on TSN page but it doesn't let you sort by profits and is a little more limited. Just a theory...
Old 03-28-2017, 07:21 AM   #10
Rookie

DANIELSEGUIN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbomberoloco
Maybe to make it hard to have "day traders" who work the market all day and force people to the console ? You can see the margins on TSN page but it doesn't let you sort by profits and is a little more limited. Just a theory...

Yeah that could be why. The devs said that they would have a feature that shows how certain cards are trending, like stocks. But that might be the same as last year on TSN.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:41 AM   #11
Pro

I'm attaching an excel file I used to make spreadsheets the last couple of years.

This can go really fast if volunteers simply take a couple of teams and then send their results to a central person.

Simply fill out the fields and then click the button and it will export the data to the '2017' page.

I'd recommend doing all players on the 40-man rosters as well as all the free agents.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Ratings Spreadsheet Creator.rar (21.9 KB, 61 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 03:29 PM   #12
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTommy67
I'm attaching an excel file I used to make spreadsheets the last couple of years.

This can go really fast if volunteers simply take a couple of teams and then send their results to a central person.

Simply fill out the fields and then click the button and it will export the data to the '2017' page.

I'd recommend doing all players on the 40-man rosters as well as all the free agents.
I would help in this kind of effort, knowing it was such an enormously time-squandering project doing it for all 30 teams when I did it last time back in MLB 11... (jeez I still couldn't believe I did it alone manually...),

... but only if the resulting data are "open-sourced" for use by the general public and also the source data is something of general interest (I'd only be interested in SCEA default roster).

Another issue is that I don't have access to Microsoft Excel. If collaboration on the web is desired, something like Google Sheet (from which data can be exported into Excel) might be a better choice.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:35 PM   #13
Rookie

DANIELSEGUIN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I would help in this kind of effort, knowing it was such an enormously time-squandering project doing it for all 30 teams when I did it last time back in MLB 11... (jeez I still couldn't believe I did it alone manually...),

... but only if the resulting data are "open-sourced" for use by the general public and also the source data is something of general interest (I'd only be interested in SCEA default roster).

Another issue is that I don't have access to Microsoft Excel. If collaboration on the web is desired, something like Google Sheet (from which data can be exported into Excel) might be a better choice.
I'm glad that you are willing to help. I have a base file right now on google sheets. I am only going to be working on ratings for the base roster. Some players are missing, so add any that aren't there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 05-05-2017, 09:50 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIELSEGUIN
I'm glad that you are willing to help. I have a base file right now on google sheets. I am only going to be working on ratings for the base roster. Some players are missing, so add any that aren't there.
Is there still interest in doing this? I'd be willing to enter data for a couple of teams. I see someone has entered the OVR for all of the Toronto players, and all of the ratings for 10 of them.

I cleaned up some things on the spreadsheet. Got the header row back to the top and froze it. Deleted some unused columns. Froze the first few columns. Added some columns I'm interested in (potential, age, salary, and secondary positions).

I don't have anywhere near enough time to fill all the raw data out, however once we do get things filled in, I can create all sorts of filters, graphs, etc., to help us identify the sorts of players we're trying to find (I use Google Sheets every day in my day job).
Old 05-05-2017, 09:53 PM   #15
Rookie

DANIELSEGUIN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgrif
Is there still interest in doing this? I'd be willing to enter data for a couple of teams. I see someone has entered the OVR for all of the Toronto players, and all of the ratings for 10 of them.

I cleaned up some things on the spreadsheet. Got the header row back to the top and froze it. Deleted some unused columns. Froze the first few columns. Added some columns I'm interested in (potential, age, salary, and secondary positions).

I don't have anywhere near enough time to fill all the raw data out, however once we do get things filled in, I can create all sorts of filters, graphs, etc., to help us identify the sorts of players we're trying to find (I use Google Sheets every day in my day job).
I was actually able to get all the base ratings. I'll try to remember to put it on the spreadsheet tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2017, 10:06 PM   #16
Rookie

How are you getting the ratings? Are you just copying them from your TV into the spreadsheet? Or is there some other trick?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »