Home

Do slider functions change from year to year?

This is a discussion on Do slider functions change from year to year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2017, 02:12 PM   #1
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0
Do slider functions change from year to year?

Its always a guessing game for about a month every time I get the new Show, because I'm never really sure what each slider does. I know it gives an explanation, but from what ive read from others and experienced myself, those slider explanations in the game are outdated or inaccurate at best.

Was hoping for some input by some of you who are experienced with sliders. I know you guys have a much better idea of what you're changing than me. Or at least you have an idea of where to start with your trial and error.

I found this awesome thread (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-sliders.html) by Bobhead from years ago but it's been pretty dead. Have the slider effects changed since then? I know we probably don't know about 17 yet but what about 16?

If they've changed since then, maybe one of you Slider guys can write up something similar to update it?

I hate to ask but sure would make things much easier.

Would be nice for a dev to send out something similar as well. Straight from the horses mouth lol.

Thanks for any input!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2017, 02:18 PM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Do slider functions change from year to year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
Its always a guessing game for about a month every time I get the new Show, because I'm never really sure what each slider does. I know it gives an explanation, but from what ive read from others and experienced myself, those slider explanations in the game are outdated or inaccurate at best.

Was hoping for some input by some of you who are experienced with sliders. I know you guys have a much better idea of what you're changing than me. Or at least you have an idea of where to start with your trial and error.

I found this awesome thread (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-sliders.html) by Bobhead from years ago but it's been pretty dead. Have the slider effects changed since then? I know we probably don't know about 17 yet but what about 16?

If they've changed since then, maybe one of you Slider guys can write up something similar to update it?

I hate to ask but sure would make things much easier.

Would be nice for a dev to send out something similar as well. Straight from the horses mouth lol.

Thanks for any input!
I have found the sliders to be very consistent year to year. In fact from 15-16 I saw no difference to be frank. It really comes down to the how they tune/hardcode the game itself, and then I go from there to tune or tweak certain sliders.

I can easily tell you, that this game plays near perfect for me at default All-Star (and has since I ever started playing it) and the only things I seem to adjust each and every year are hum/cpu pitching stamina, control and consistency using classic pitching, foul frequency, sometimes solid hits and fielder speed/reaction and base runner speed.

When I say tweak...I really mean one to two clicks up or down max. The only gameplay sliders that historically (16 was the closet to default I have ever played thus far) get some more dramatic adjustments for me are OF speed and strike frequency for the CPU.

This games one constant....has been consistency. LOL is that an oxymoron?
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-27-2017, 02:48 PM   #3
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Re: Do slider functions change from year to year?

I find the slider ingame discriptions to be very accurate

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »